48- punish me

Nora Farris
Monday, March 18th 2019
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──
chapter forty-eight- punish me

 ──chapter forty-eight- punish me

Nora FarrisMonday, March 18th 2019─── ・ 。゚☆: *

Nora Farris
Monday, March 18th 2019
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──

NO NORA, YOU DON'T GET TO CRY AFTER BEING A DICK. That doesn't stop the warm droplets from spilling harder. What is wrong with me? Ruinous girl.

Someone genuinely loved and cared about me deeply and I said the nastiest thing ever. I'm cruel and undeserving and still the weight of the five hundred felt heavier in my pocket. Weighing me down like an anchor.

A sinking pit in the bottom of my belly, the look in his eyes when I said it. Why did I say it? I was my mothers daughter.

I wipe my tears in the mirror, smudging mascara under my eyes and on my light pink, long sleeve sweater.

I resembled an ugly raccoon thing, and it didn't help that the rainy weather had done a number on my hair.

The truth was, I didn't deserve to cry. I was vile and awful to my mother, my best friend, my boyfriend.

I didn't deserve anything. How was I supposed to work in these conditions?

Lighting strikes outside, causing the fluorescent lights to flicker, the window streaks with rain. For a rainy night, the shop isn't busy at all.

Dani leans over the counter scrolling through her phone, devouring a bowl of chicken and pasta soup. She looks tiny and adorable, her dark hair pulled back in braided pig tails. Her freckles nose and black shirt was flecked with the slightest of flour from kneading pizza dough. It had been so slow Dani and I got to hand make our own bacon, pepperoni, extra sauce, extra cheese pizza.

I sit on a stool behind the dessert counter, wiping my tears, Dani oblivious to the whole thing. Thankfully.

I was feeling so crap, I hadn't even the pizza we made, my stomach was in knots. I texted him i'm sorry twice, hours ago. My shift was almost over.