44- i love you

Ezra Montgomery
Sunday, March 17th 2019
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──

chapter forty-four- i love you

Ezra Montgomery Sunday, March 17th 2019─── ・ 。゚☆: *

Ezra Montgomery
Sunday, March 17th 2019
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──

"WHEN IS NORA COMING OVER FOR DINNER AGAIN?" It's early Sunday when mom asks, as she butters her low carb toast, peeking at me from her usual spot at the table. It's a harmless question, nice even. I know Nora and mom had bonded prior the Snowball Dance.

Chase chokes on his orange juice, it goes unnoticed by everyone, except me. She continues on. "Spring break is on the way, wouldn't you like to invite Nora?"

Of course I want to invite my girlfriend, but how do I explain that I've hardly seen her at all myself in the passed two weeks?

I doubt she'd want to spend the little time we have together with my overbearing parents we hardly had any alone time as it was.

I walked her home only twice and snuck over Friday night to sleep over, but Nora's mom was off from work, so I ended up leaving shortly after stealing a few departing kisses. She worked less to monitor Nora like a hawk.

I didn't get it, but I also grew up with completely un-present parents who let me go about my business. I couldn't remember the last time i'd been grounded.

"I did invite her." I lie, I don't know why, but I think it's because of Chase's amused smug grin.

Mom looks pleasantly surprised, dad looks up from over his laptop at me. He's the only one allowed to use electronics at the dining table. Something about being the one to buy the table or some bullshit.

"You didn't ask my permission for a stranger to stay in my vacation home, what if she robs us, that girl does go to public school and the area where she lives is...ghetto." he continues on. "She's probably using you for money, Ezra, it was fine for a dance, but you dragging this out is ridiculous."