8- a match made in hell

Ezra Montgomery
Tuesday, January 15, 2019
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

chapter eight- a match made in hell

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Ezra Montgomery Tuesday, January 15, 2019─── ・ 。゚☆: *

Ezra Montgomery
Tuesday, January 15, 2019
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

chapter eight

THE REST OF THE DAY IS DRAINING. I ditch lunch and my last two periods. Before turning the idea over in my head, I pull out my phone. The text from Nora still remained unanswered.

Nora: I was late as fuck to school td, thanks <3

I look down at her text again and a small sliver of a smile forms. I didn't know why she made me feel this way, maybe because we were similar, maybe because I genuinely enjoyed her company, maybe because she didn't expect anything of me, everyone else had unattainable expectations, but she was fine with just plain, simple old me. It was refreshing. It did help that the girl was beautiful.

Even last night in simple clothes, I couldn't help,
but steal glances I hope she didn't notice. She always twirled a curl around her finger, or chewed her bottom lip, or leaned forward into the chair listening to me speak. When we touched hands, my body tensed up, I hoped she didn't notice. Her hands were warm, and strong.

Her hands weren't like Astrid's. Astrid's hands were pale, small and frail, dainty, always painted pink or red, soft like she'd never used her hands in her life. Nora's on the other hand were larger, not too big, but almost like they fit into my large hands perfectly,
like she was the missing puzzle piece. Her hands were calloused a little, but still soft, I didn't want to let go.

Astrid had known about Nora this whole time. Or had she been bluffing? It didn't feel like her and I had known each other very long, and I didn't feel like I was acting any different because of her. Nonetheless I liked hanging out with her and enjoyed her company.