5

I shut my phone off and rolled over onto my side, pulling the duvet over my head. I can't believe what is happening. What am I supposed to do? Should I talk to Jack about it or keep it to myself? It's not worth the stress for him is it?
A million and one thoughts and questions were running through my mind as I heard the lock on the bathroom door twist and our came Jack turning the music on his phone off and sitting down on the edge of the bed. I squeezed my eyes shut and took a deep breath in attempting to stop the tears which were threatening to fall down my face with every passing second I was awake.

'You awake?' Jack whispered as he climbed into bed and wrapped his arms around my waste and pulled me closer to him.
I ignored him and kept my eyes shut netting not to react to his touch as he peppered kisses along my shoulder.
Eventually Jack fell asleep himself allowing me to silently cry into the pillow and release the emotions I kept inside for the last hour. It seemed to take hours for me to fall asleep but eventually, wrapped up in Jacks arms and the smell of his cologne coming from his jumper and hugging my senses.

I woke up to the smell of pancakes and syrup floating around the room, I stretched my legs out and sat up in bed only to find Jack, Mason and Megan all sat on the sofa stuffing their faces with food.

'Finally your awake!' Megan yelled jumping onto the bed and giving me a cuddle. 'We have to do that assignment today or we're in serious shit!' She noted standing up and pulling me with her.

'Eat first bubs' Jack said smiling up at me and wrapping his arm around my waist bringing me down to sit on his lap.
After the message I got last night I don't know how to be around Jack, I can feel my guard starting to creep up and put distance between us. I don't know if want that but right now that seems to be what's happening.

'What's up?' Mason asked obviously noticing my vague expression as I sat and stared at the wall in front of me.

''Mmm your really quiet this morning' Jack chimes in, pressing a kiss to my cheek and squeezing his arms tighter around me in a reassuring manner.

I decided now wasn't the time to bring it up, I needed some time to process what had happened, wrap my head around the past few days and focus on the assignment. Equally Jack needs to focus on his next game it's a big one for him and his career in the England squad and I don't want to be the one that gets in the way of that.

'I'm just stressed about this assignment' I lied as I took a sip of the tea Jack had ordered me.

Placing her cup down Megan stood up like one of those parents about to make an announcement that their leaving, and with a pad of her legs she did just that.

'Come on Sage, this essay isn't going to write itself' she explained extending her hand for me to take. I took her hand and stood up wondering over to the bed to get dressed again.
I folded Jacks hoodie up on the edge of the bed and after taking one more sniff of it I headed to the door where Megan was stood with Mason.
Jack grapes ahold of my waist as I walked past him pulling me towards him.

'You sure your okay baby?' He asked, I looked into his eyes and I could see his dark brown eyes scanning me face, looking for any sign or indication about what was going on inside my head. I nodded and stood up again.

'Come to the match on Saturday? We'll get you executive seats so you can sit with the boys' he smiled down at me and I couldn't help the grin that ran across my face as he spoke.

'Okay' I whispered. Leaning up on my tip toes I planted a kiss on Jacks lips and gave him a hug before I left the hotel with Megan.

As we were walking out of the hotel I could see Phil and Ben stood in the corner of the lobby, they noticed us as we entered the area and gave us a grin calling us over to them. My stomach dropped a little as I remember what Phil had said last night when Jack was carrying me into the hotel room but I put the thought to the back of my head as we headed over to them.