012💗

Isla sat in bed. She looked up as Lexie walked in. She had her swimming costume on. "You say we go beach? Why you no out bed?" Lexie asked.

Isla smiled and picked her up. She smiled. "We are. Daddy and Leigh are coming too," she said.

Lexie frowned. "But you say it just me you," she told her.

"I know. But if daddy is with us, then we don't have to pay for anything. And daddy will buy us candyfloss and we can go in the sea."

Lexie nodded. "I go wake daddy up then. You get dessed now pease," she told her.

Isla smiled and nodded. She sighed as she laid back down in bed. She knew everything was complicated.

***
Max smiled as Isla walked in. He looked at her. "I need to talk to you later on today."

"I didn't do it."

Max smirked. "I know you didn't. But Leigh and I need to talk to you."

Isla nodded. She knew deep down it was about Leigh adopting them both. She knew she wanted it. A normal family. But she was scared it wouldn't work out.

Lexie ran in. She smiled. "Can we go now?"

"Go where?"

Isla smiled. "I said we could go beach today."

Max groaned. "I've got a meeting today. We'll go next week," he said.

Isla saw how upset Lexie looked. She sighed. "I promised her dad. Come on."

"I said no. I've got stuff to do."

Lexie pouted. "I no ike any of you."

***
Isla had gone out. She was going to meet with Tom. Tom was parked up down the road. "Hey. How are you?" He asked.

"I'm fine. Why do you do this? You do hot and cold with me," Isla said.

Tom sighed. "Your dad is a friend of mine. How awkward would it be if he knew we had a thing?"

Isla rolled her eyes. She looked at him. "Look. You're going hot and cold with me. And I'm sick of it. So please. You either want us to have this. Or you don't."

Tom looked to her. "Don't be selfish Isla. I'm doing this for us. As soon as you leave school, then we can be together. But now we have to be careful. I could lose my job," he said.

"And am I not worth it?"

"Yes. You are. But not when I have my son to think about."

***
Isla walked back into the house. She saw Lexie sitting on the stairs. "What's the matter?"

"Daddy put me on naughty step cause I throwed my dinner at him," Lexie said.

Isla smirked and picked her up. She kissed the top of her head. "I promise you LexieLoo. No one will hurt you. I love you."

"Loves you. Can you asks daddy if I can play now?"

Isla walked into the living room with Lexie. Max smiled. "Hey. So Leigh and I need to talk to you both. It's serious."

"Oh god."

Leigh grinned. "It's nothing bad. I promise."

Isla nodded. Max smiled at his two girls. "So. As you know, Leigh and I are becoming serious. Therefore, we've been talking about her adopting you both."

Isla nodded. She smiled. "I'd love that."

"What's dopt?" Lexie asked.

Isla looked at her. "It means Leigh will be our mummy. And that she can look after us."

"Otay!"

Isla smiled as she felt her life coming together. But she had no idea how it was all going to fall apart.