019💗

Isla sighed as she woke in bed. She had been out drinking the night before. And she knew Tom was mad at her.

The door opened and Tom walked in. He looked to her. "Look. You need to return to your dad. You can't keep getting drunk here. I'm your English teacher. And it's not happening," he said.

Isla frowned. "What? Why would you do that? You're sending me back to my where I'm not wanted?" She asked.

Tom nodded. "Yes. You're causing too much trouble. You're bringing the house on top. You're going back there today."

Isla shook her head. "I can't believe you're doing this. I really can't. You're just a jerk. You've had what you wanted which is sick. And you can't even let me stay here," she said.

"I'm sorry."

***
Leigh opened the door to see Isla there. She smiled. "Hey. I'm glad you're back," she said.

"Are you really? Not disappointed that I'm here to ruin your perfect family," Isla mumbled.

Leigh shook her head and sighed. "You wouldn't ruin anything. Lexie has been crying every night for you. You're my girl too. Just as much as Lexie is."

Isla nodded. She walked into the house. Lexie came running towards her. "I miss you!" She said.

"I missed you too squirt."

Isla picked her up and held her close. She smiled. "I really missed you."

Lexie giggled and smiled. She looked to her. "Daddy says you mine sister. No matter who mine mummy is. Are you?" She asked.

"I'll always be your sister. I promise. I've always looked after you haven't I? I won't let anyone hurt you," Isla said.

***
Isla was sitting in her room. The door opened and Max walked in. "So you're back?" He said.

"Yep! Sorry if that bugs you. But I had nowhere else," Isla mumbled as she sat on her bed.

Max sighed. "It doesn't annoy me at all. I've missed you. You're my daughter. And just because Lexie is Leigh's doesn't mean we don't want you any less. You're our daughter too. Leigh wants to adopt you. To make you hers," he told her.

Isla looked to him. She frowned. "Are you being serious? She wants to adopt me?"

"She does. She loves you more than she ever did. When you were away, all she did was sit here and miss you. I missed you too."

Isla looked to him. She sighed. "But you didn't prove it. You never do. I'm your daughter too. So why do you never act it?" She asked.

Max sighed. He looked to her. "Because I'm worried that I'm going to lose you. You're my little girl. My first born. The girl who changed my life. And I don't want you hurting at all," he said.

Isla looked to him. She had no idea what was going on.

***
It was nearing midnight. Isla couldn't sleep. She couldn't even get comfortable. She sighed as she got out of bed. She quickly snuck downstairs and left the house.

Isla met up with her friend at the corner of the street. He handed her a small package and drove off. Isla looked down and sighed.

But she had no idea just how much this one night was going to send her down a dark and dangerous path.