013💗

Isla woke in bed and groaned. She hadn't been sleeping too well lately and she didn't know why. But she knew her head was a mess.

Isla looked up as Lexie toddled in. "Daddy going way today. He has meeting. So mummy is takings us schools and thens picking me and you up," she told her.

Isla smiled and nodded. She looked up as Max walked in. "I don't have a meeting. She just wants me out the way so she can have a tea party with Leigh," he said.

"Daddy ruined mine fun."

Max looked to Isla. "We're leaving in an hour. Can you get ready?" He said.

"Yeah sure," Isla said. She climbed out of her bed and sighed.

Things with her and Tom had been so tense. They hadn't talked at all and Isla was beginning to think he didn't want her anymore.

***
Max took Isla into school. He looked at her. "Don't give me or your teachers any grief today please. I don't need it," he said.

"Why?"

"Jennifer is coming in for an inspection. And I don't want her to see you acting up," Max told her.

Isla groaned. She hated her ex step-mother. And she knew her ex step-mother hated her. "If she makes a comment, I won't be held accountable for my actions," she said.

Max nodded. "Fine. But just don't give her any ammunition. I don't need her telling me that my daughter is feral," he said as he got out the car and locked it.

Isla scoffed. She smirked. "I am not feral father. I am the perfect child."

"You wish."

***
Isla saw Amy Porter and rolled her eyes. "Still lusting after Bolton? You won't realise that he just isn't into you. So stop being so desperate and sod off."

Amy rolled her eyes. "You're the one who's lusting. Don't think I don't see you making lovey eyes at Mr Clarkson. You're in way above your head. And you know it," Amy said.

"See... I don't fancy him at all. You're the one who's in above your head. Bolton rejected you once and you accused him of raping you. So who's the desperate one?"

Amy was getting annoyed with Isla. "At least my dad isn't shacked up with a Nanny. I bet she's at least 50."

"No. She's 23. And she's gorgeous. Unlike you. Wearing a push up bra to make it look like you've got something there."

***
Tom looked up as Isla walked into his classroom. He smiled. "Hey. How have you been?" He asked.

"Fine thanks. Just thought I'd come and see you. Before my dad took me home."

Tom nodded. He knew he missed Isla. But he had to focus on his son. And making things work with him. He looked at her. "This weekend. I'll pick you up. And we can talk. Maybe get some food too?" He asked

"Sounds good."

Tom stood up and kissed her quickly. He smiled. "I'll text you later."

***
Isla went back home and sighed as she did her homework. She knew that she wanted to be with Tom. But she knew that it wouldn't be easy.

But with Isla's demons about to come back, could anyone save her from the darkness about to overtake her?