023💗

Isla knew how she and Tom had been getting closer. He had been there for her lately and she was thankful.

She knew that Max had been trying to find her mum to get her to sign her rights away. But Isla wasn't so sure she would.

As much as Isla wanted her mum gone, she didn't think it would happen. She knew her. And she knew she was a demanding woman. And she wouldn't do it for nothing.

Isla knew all too well her dad would do whatever it took to make sure she didn't have to see her mum again. But Isla didn't know if she could cut her mum off without seeing her.

She knew Max wouldn't understand. And she didn't understand it herself. But part of her wanted to see her mum again. To find out why she had done what she did.

She wanted to know why her own mum would allow her to get hurt. And she felt like it was owed to her to find out why. It wouldn't be easy. She knew that. But she was going to try.

All she knew was that she was on a mission to get the answers she wanted. It was all she wanted. And she was going to do it. No matter what.

Morning came and she walked into the living room. Leigh was sitting on the sofa. Lexie asleep next to her. "Good morning. You okay?" She asked.

Isla nodded. She sighed and looked to her. "I've been thinking. And I want to see my mum. I want to know why she did that to me. And to Lexie. It's not fair."

Leigh looked to her and frowned. "You want to see her?" She asked as she put the blanket over Lexie.

Isla nodded. "Yeah. I just... I want to know why she could let us get hurt like that," she told her

Leigh sighed as she looked to her. "I can talk to your father about it. I don't think he'll agree to it though," she said as she took her hand. "I don't have a problem with it as long as you or your dad go."

Isla nodded and smiled. She knew it was reasonable.

***
Isla went into school. She smiled as she saw Tom. He walked over to her. "Hey. Are you okay?" He asked.

Isla nodded. "Yeah. I'm thinking that I want answers from my mum about why she did what she did. There has to be reasons as to why."

Tom frowned. "Do you really want to know? What's your dad said?"
He asked.

"He doesn't know. Leigh is going to talk to him about it. But I'm not allowed to go on my own," Isla told him.

Tom sighed. Knowing he wasn't happy as he didn't want Isla in any danger. And he knew too well what her mother like. "Be careful."

***
Max stormed into the con in room. He looked to Isla and glared. "What the hell? You want to see that woman?" He asked.

"Leigh told you?"

Max frowned. "Leigh? Leigh hasn't talked to me about anything today. Just that she has something planned for us this weekend. Did she know?"

Isla sighed. "Fine. I want to see her. To know why she hurt me. Then I'm done with her."

Max looked to his daughter. But could he let her go through with seeing the woman who had come close to breaking her?