Chapter 35

A/N: Hello everyone! I'm so, so sorry for this chapter coming out so late and not updating. My last year of college has been super chaotic. Between massive amounts of homework, lab reports, research, and grad school applications, I have had little to no time to write. I've kept you guys from the story for long enough, so I'll explain more at the end of the chapter.

Y/N = your name

F/F = favorite food

F/D = favorite drink

E/C = eye color

H/C = hair color

S/C = scale color

"Talking"

'thinking/voice in head/talking in your head'

"Beast talking/Demonic voice"

Warning: This chapter is more violent than other previous chapters. If you are not okay with heavily described disturbing scenery and situations, then please just skip this chapter. Normally this would only go on for a small portion, but this is a special case where it takes up an entire chapter. NOTE: I DO NOT SUPPORT USING VIOLENCE TO SOLVE PROBLEMS. IF YOU SEVERLY INJURE/KILL SOMEONE, IT IS YOUR OWN FAULT AND NO ONE ELSES.

[Y/N POV]

~~Y/N's Dream~~

Everything was dark. I couldn't see, hear, or smell anything. Slowly, I start hearing faint noises that are slowly getting louder. At first, I couldn't tell what it was; it sounded muffled. However, soon, I realized what I was hearing was the sound of a fight or battle going on. The sound didn't stop increasing in volume. It continued more, and more. I could feel my eardrums vibrating violently from the noise. Eventually, it became too painful, and I tried to cover my ears with my hands to block the sound out. Yet, nothing worked. I closed my eyes trying to endure the pain, but after a few moments, the sound went back to normal. I opened my eyes to find myself no longer in the dark, but instead in the midst of what appeared to be a forest.

Something about this forest seemed familiar to me. It was like I had already been here before, but I just couldn't figure out what was so familiar. Taking a look at my surroundings, I see that I'm on a path. Judging from the some of the small puddles and slightly muddy ground, I could tell that it had rained recently in the area. Seeing a large puddle of rain water ahead, I walked towards it. I kneeled over to glance at my reflection to see something that surprised me. I was younger... a lot younger. I was around 14 years old. Confused, I stood up again looking forward, and everything came back once I saw what was in front of me. It was a guild hall, but not just any guild hall. This belonged to the Devil's Head dark guild. I was back on the first mission the magic council ever sent me on. The first time I ever had to take someone's life.

I suddenly hear footsteps from behind me and see magic council soldiers, Lahar, and... Siegrain, who I now know is Jellal. Turning around, Lahar walks up to me, holding papers, and begins to speak.

Lahar: "What are you doing, Dragneel? Did you not hear what I said? I told you to go destroy the dark guild and make sure there are no survivors. The magic council isn't going to like having the deal broken. *smirking* They'll surely disband Fairy Tail if you don't comply."

I hated Lahar. I never understood why, but he always had it out for me. Finding every reason to force me into these missions. As much as I wanted to go and tear him to pieces, I suddenly felt as if I couldn't control myself anymore. I turned around towards the dark guild and started walking over. The Devil's Head guild was known for being extremely cruel and brutal towards innocents they captured. Men and women were all killed in different ways: dismembered, torn in half, gutted, even cooked alive over a burning fire. They might've been known for their cruelty, but what no one else knew, was that every member of the guild were sadistic cannibals with no sense of remorse.