Chapter 23

A/N: Hey everyone! How's everyone doing today? I hope you all have been doing well because my luck went downhill fast. One of the classes I wanted to take ended up being restricted due to it being a graduate math course. This was fine, but the bs reasoning behind why I was denied the course was a different reason. I already took a previous graduate math course and got an A- in the class (sophomore year). Now I go to request this class and I was denied because I needed an A in an honors class (lower than grad level) in order to take upper-level courses (didn't bother to acknowledge that I already took a grad course and did very well in it). So, now I'm stuck retaking the honors course hoping to get an A. Fml. This just set me back longer than I wanted it to. But, oh well. All I can do at this point is to try my hardest and hope I get the grade I need in order to take grad courses. I hope all of you lovely folks have been having a lovely week. My apologies for the rant, I just needed to vent a little bit. Now, without further ado, let's jump into the chapter!

Y/N = your name

F/F = favorite food

F/D = favorite drink

E/C = eye color

H/C = hair color

S/C = scale color

"Talking"

'thinking/voice in head/talking in your head'

"Beast talking/Demonic voice"

[Y/N's POV]

Erza: "Damnit... they're the strongest assassins out there in Fiore. We'll have to fight them in smaller, separate groups. It's the only way. They're near impossible to stop when together, so we can fight them separately. Then, we'll have a fighting chance at beating them."

Natsu: "Well what are we waiting for! Let's split up and go!" *runs off in a random direction*

Erza: "Damnit Natsu!" *sighs in frustration* "Gray, go after Natsu and help him out. Lucy, and Juvia, you two head in another direction. Y/N!"

I was struggling to hold back all the pain and guilt I felt from the events that took place here before we got to this moment. I was trying to remember what can help me in this situation a memory eventually makes its way to me

Flashback start

[Y/N's POV]

I was a few years into my training with Elementium-- or dad, as I would prefer to call him that. There was an issue that we encountered while training, that is, I had a very hard time controlling my emotions. Especially after something so mild as killing a deer for food. I would just look at the deer and think of how beautiful it looked prancing around the woods eating the things it finds on the forest floor. This always caused me to start crying uncontrollably for a while before I finally stop. It's been a few years since then, and I've made some progress. We had just finished eating dinner when Elementium spoke up.

Elementium: "Y/N, I know how much you love to see the beauty in things. And I especially know how much you dislike fighting, and I appreciate that. But, at some point, you will have to take a life. It might be human, or it might be an animal. However, you need to control your emotions when doing so. You've been doing a good job so far, even though you need to neglect all your emotions, but sometimes, you can gain some strength by putting your emotions into your power. Not physically, but having your emotions while you fight can bring you great strength. You just need to have it under control."

I sat there quietly looking at him, waiting for him to continue so I can see what's on his mind.

Elementium: "I noticed that when you fight like you are right now, in your human form, you have a lot of difficulty in controlling your emotions. I have a theory on what could help, but it might seem a bit odd. I want you to go into your true form. You've hardly spent time in that form and I want you to get used to using it."