Chapter 33

A/N: Hey, y'all! I first want to say that I'm so sorry this chapter took so long to come out. I've been piled with so much homework, exams, and papers this semester that it's mildly concerning at how much sleep I've lost. I even had to write a 13-page report for my physics class. Luckily this is the last semester that is going to be this difficult for me. My last few semesters are all around 12 credit hours each. Much less than the 16 credits I was taking this semester. I hope everyone has been having a nice spring and staying safe! Anyways, I'll leave the rest of the announcements for after the chapter is over. For now, let's jump right into the story!

Y/N = your name

F/F = favorite food

F/D = favorite drink

E/C = eye color

H/C = hair color

S/C = scale color

"Talking"

'thinking/voice in head/talking in your head'

"Beast talking/Demonic voice"

[Y/N's POV]

After hearing Erza's yell, Wendy and I immediately started running in her direction. Navigating our way through the ruined city, we eventually reach her, but, stop once we see her glaring at what appears to be Midnight. I've seen that look before. It's the same look she has whenever Natsu and Gray destroy the table with her strawberry cake on it. I stop Wendy and Carla from getting any closer by putting a hand out in front of them.

Carla: "What are you doing?! Don't you see that she needs help?"

Y/N: "No. I've seen that look before. You don't want to be near her right now."

Carla: "Aren't you worried about her? She's fighting Midnight!"

Y/N: "She can handle herself just fine. I'd be more worried about Midnight if I were you."

We then stood there off to the sides watching the fight. I knew I could take Midnight out, but then how would everyone else get stronger if they don't fight their own battles. As the battle played out, it appears that Midnight supposedly gets stronger at midnight. He transforms into a very large monster, but something seemed very off about it to me. I see Wendy start to get worried, so I place my hand on top of her head to let her know everything will be fine. We then see Erza charge one last time just for the monster to disappear and Midnight to fall over defeated. I can see she's a bit tired from fighting for who knows how long, but before she falls over, I rush over using wind to help generate speed and catch her before she hits the ground.

Erza: "Huh? Y/N? When did you get here?"

Y/N: "Wendy and I showed up a couple of minutes ago. I have to say, that was quite an impressive fight."

Erza: *blushes a small bit* "Thanks."

I help Erza stand up again, and she uses her Bisentō to help support herself. I look up to see Wendy and Carla making their way towards us.

Wendy: *running over* "Erza! Are you okay?!" *trips on a rock and falls* "Umpf--!"

I was about to head over and help Wendy, but Carla gets to her before I can head over.

Carla: "Child, you must be careful."

Wendy: "Sorry, Carla! I just got concerned and wanted to help."

Erza starts to chuckle a bit before making her way over to Wendy.

Erza: "Don't worry so much, Wendy. I'm just fine."

Wendy: "But you're struggling to stand. I can heal you if you want me to."

Erza: "It's nothing I haven't experienced before. Save your energy. You'll need it more than me."