Chapter 1

It was a sunny day in Adventure Bay and everyone was in a good mood. Especially the PAW Patrol. They were getting ready to visit a friend from out of town. All the pups were packing their bags. Chase was curious to where they were going. He then spotted Ryder with some suitcases and walked over to him.

"Ryder, where are we going?" Chase asked his owner curiously.

"We're going to see a friend of mine, Chase. He lives 3 hours away from Adventure Bay." Ryder replied.

"Then why are we packing?" He asked again.

"In case we might stay the night."

"Oh. Okay." Chase said before walking off to his puphouse to pack his things.

In about an hour, everyone was set for the trip. Ryder and the pups were standing near the PAW Patroller, ready to board it.

"Okay, who's ready to go on a trip to see an old friend of mine?" Ryhder asked in an excited manner.

"We are!" The pups except Chase said in usion.

"I'm not." Chase said in an unexcited tone.

"Why? What's the matter, Chase?" Ryder asked his pup.

"I'm afraid that we're not gonna run into something that'll ruin the trip for us. What if we don't make it?" He asked with uncertainty.

Ryder looked at his pup and kneeled down at his level.

"Chase, we're going to be fine. Nothing bad is going to happen to us. Even if it does, it's not going to get in the way of us having fun. Right, pups?"

"Yeah!" Marshall said.

"That's right." Rocky agreed.

"See? Nothing bad is gonna happen."

"Well okay." He said, even though was was still uncertain of what was yet to come. They boarded the PAW Patroller and got in their seats. Rubble then got curious.

"Where does your old friend live, Ryder?" He asked.

"Somewhere near Nevada." Ryder answered.

"Somewhere near Nevada? Cool!"

"Oh boy." Chase mumbled. Ryder took notice of his behavior.

"Something wrong, Chase?" Ryder asked his pup.

"No, Ryder, sir." Chase replied with a nervous smile.

"Alright then." He paused and then looked at Robo-Dog. "Robo-Dog, take us to Nevada." Robo-Dog obeyed and pressed the pedal and off they went. As they began their trip, Chase's head began to fill up with doubt again.

'I have this feeling that we're not gonna make it to Nevada. I honestly hope it's not true.' The pup thought to himself.

Two hours had passed and the pups sang a song to pass the time. Rocky sang the first verse.

20, 20, 20, 20, 4 hours to go
I wanna be sedated
Nothing to do nowhere to go oh
I wanna be sedated

Just get me to the airport
And put me in a plane
Hurry, hurry, hurry
Before I go insane
I can't control my fingers
I can't control my brain
Oh, no oh oh oh oh

Zuma then sang the 2nd verse.

20, 20, 20, 20, 4 hours to go
I wanna be sedated
Nothing to do nowhere to go oh
I wanna be sedated

Just put me in a wheelchair
And get me on a plane
Hurry, hurry, hurry
Before I go insane
I can't control my fingers
I can't control my brain
Oh, no oh oh oh oh

All six pups clapped to the beat. Rubble then sang the 3rd verse.

20, 20, 20, 20, 4 hours to go
I wanna be sedated
Nothing to do nowhere to go oh
I wanna be sedated

Just put me in a wheelchair
And get me to the show
Hurry, hurry, hurry
Before I go loco
I can't control my fingers
I can't control my toes
Oh, no oh oh oh oh

But the song was cut short when Ryder asked if the pups could be more quiet. Marshall then noticed Chase's behavior. He tried to speak with him.

"Hey buddy, what's wrong?" He asked.

Chase then looked up at his best friend. "Doubt." He answered.

"Doubt?" The Dalmatian questioned again.

"Yes. Doubt." Chase repeated.

"Why doubt?"

"I feel like something-" Chase said but was interrupted by Marshall. Marshall then patted Chase's paw.

"Hey. It's gonna be alright. Don't listen to that voice inside your head. It might tell you that Skye is gonna be eaten in the next few hours, but she's not. The more you keep listening to that voice, the more you'll keep believing it." He told him.

Chase felt better to hear that. "You're right. It's nothing really once you ignore it. Thanks Marshall." He smiled.

"That's what I'm here for." He smiled back. Then it got quiet. And then it happened. The PAW Patroller went over a bump in the road and skidded to the side of the road. Ryder and the pups were shaken up.

"What the fuck was that?!" Rocky asked in a alarmed manner.

"Rocky, Language!" Ryder scolded at him.

'I knew it. I knew something bad would happen.' Chase thought. Everyone began to panic.

"What happened?" Skye asked.

"What was that sound?" Marshall asked.

"Did we run over someone?" Rocky asked.

"Everyone calm down. We'll all go check." Ryder told them. As they all got out, they were shocked to see what they had run over.

Song Included:

I Wanna Be Sedated - Ramones