Chapter 7

Willy the Weasel watched as the pups cleaned up the mess and the remains of the animatronic ostrich. They had put Ozzy's body and his endoskeleton in a trash bag and laid it by the door. Willy was already wanting to move at this time but chose not to and stayed on stage with the rest of the animatronics.

"Now can we go on bweak?" Zuma asked.

"Yes, now we can." Chase replied as they both left the room, leaving Skye alone with the animatronics. After she had realized that she was alone, she approached the stage. She then looked at the animatronics in fear.

"So...you guys don't want us here?" She asked nervously. The animatronic weasel just looked down upon her, not making a sound.

"Look, we don't want any trouble, alright?" She asked, trying to compromise with the animatronics, in which they said nothing. Skye then got curious.

"Willy, can I ask you something?" The cockapoo asked curiously. The weasel just stood there in the same position as before.

"Um, why do you have the face of a rabbit?" She finally asked, but all she got was silence. She then sighed in defeat, knowing she wasn't getting an answer from the idling animatronics.

"I guess I'll go then. Bye." She said before she left the room. But little did she know, she wasn't talking to herself. Willy and the rest of the animatronic mascots heard everything she said. Skye met the other pups in the Super Happy Fun Room. Chase and the other pups were trying tot hink of a game that they could play.

"How about we play 'Hide and Seek'?" Zuma suggested.

"Seriously? This is a building with walking animatronics." Chase replied.

"Okay, genius, what do you think we should play?" Zuma asked the Shepherd bluntly. Skye then showed up.

"Hey guys, what are you doing?" She asked in a polite manner.

"We're trying to figure out a game to play." Rocky answered.

"But we're going back to work in two minutes."

"Well we're trying to make it work." Chase replied impatiently. Just then, Rocky saw a drawing on the wall of a familiar pup.

"What is that?" The mixed-breed eco pup asked, looking at the drawing on the wall.

"What's what?" Chase asked, looking at him.

"That." Rocky then got up and walked towards the drawing while the other pups followed. They all examined the drawing on the wall.

"Hey, Chase, looks like one of your dwawings followed you here." Zuma joked.

"Okay, first of all, that's not mine. Second of all, my drawing is not that bad." Chase retorted.

"Who's the drawing of?" Marshall asked curiously.

Rocky examined the drawing. "It's obviously Skye."

"It's Skye?" Chase questioned.

"Yeah. Can't you tell?"

"No. The drawing is more bad than a store's security camera."

"Why would a drawing of Skye be here?" Marshall questioned. That question left them all thinking for a few seconds.

"This must mean-" Chase finally spoke up bust was interrupted by Zuma.

"This means what?" Zuma asked.

"...This must mean that whoever drew this must be-" Chase tried to finish his sentence but was cut off again by a voice behind them.

"It's time to go back to work, pups." The pups turned around to see Ryder pointing at his watch. The pups groaned. 

But as they exited the Super Happy Fun Room, they all heard a familiar jingle coming from the main room. Ryder and the pups looked at each other to make sure they weren't dreaming. They all made their way towards the music and what they saw scared them half to death.  All of the animatronics on the stage began to sing and dance with the spotlights on. Willy was singing the same song that was used in the commercial earlier that day.

Whistle loud, whistle low
Sway your hips and here we go

"Hey, Tito." The orange and yellow animatronic weasel called out to his turtle friend nearby.

"Hola, Willy." The Mexican turtle to Willy's left called back.

"I hear that there's a birthday boy in the audience tonight." Willy said in his New Jersey accent.

"Si, Willy. Cantamos. (sing)." The turtle replied before Willy started to sing again.

It's your birthday
And we want you to have fun
It's your birthday
So let's party everyone

Ryder walked to where the switch was and looked back at Willy before flipping the switch. This was the first time Ryder and the pups had seen the animatronics working on stage. Ryder noticed Willy's eyebrows had been shifted to the point where he was showing that he was angry. Ryder took notice of this.

'Did he always look like that?' He thought to himself before flicking the switch off. Ryder then turned back to his pups, who looked horrified.

"D-did you d-do that, Ryder?" Rocky asked in a shaky tone.

"Pups, I had no control in that. Whoever flipped this switch meant to scare us." He replied.

'Oh you think?' Chase thought. The pups walked over to the stage and surveyed the animatronics. All was silent until Skye spoke up.

"Guys, where is Gus?" Skye asked in a shaky tone. Ryder and the pups looked to where the animatronic gorilla was standing and saw that Gus was no longer there. This made the pups panic.

"Gus is gone. Gus is no longer here." Chase replied in a calm but shaky tone. Then they heard the bathroom door shut.

They all turned around to where the sound was and stared at the bathroom door. Marshall looked at the stage and then back at the bathroom door.

"Looks like Gus couldn't hold it in anymore." He joked. The other pups didn't laugh at Marshall's joke. They were too frightened by the absence of the animatronic gorilla.

"H-how could he even do that?" Zuma asked, still shaken up.

"Probably the same reason why Ozzy got up and moved." Chase replied.

"What are we gonna do, Chase?" Skye asked in the same shaky tone as before. Chase then looked at Ryder for ideas.

"I'm honestly too scared to do anything at this point. It's your call, Chase." The ten-year-old said to his pup. Chase looked sternly at the bathroom door and back at the stage. It was a matter of seconds before Chase made up his mind.

"I'm gonna check it out. Anyone else with me?" Chase asked, glancing back at the other pups, who were in disbelief of Chase's decision.

"Awe you cwazy?" Zuma asked, still in disbelief.

"That thing will tear us apart!" Rocky agreed.

"Alright. How about this, Ryder, Rocky, and Skye can come with me. The rest of you, keep an eye out just in case Gus wants to show his face if we aren't here. Got it?"

The rest of the team were unsure of the decision. They really wanted to leave the area but knew they couldn't after their job was done.

"Sure."

"I'm with you."

"Alright. Off to the bathroom." The German Shepherd said before the four of them walked towards the bathroom. As they walked in, they found something written on the mirror in blood that made them shiver.

'It's Your Birthday.'