Chapter 4

Ryder and the pups followed Tex into the building and entered the main room.

"Watch your step." He warned them, as there was still some cleaning up to do. He then stopped them and pointed to a TV on the wall with a remote in his hand.

"Check this out." He told them as he pressed a button that turned the TV on. A commercial played right as he turned it on.

"Hey kids, it's Willy the Weasel! Welcome to my wonderland. Come on down and meet the gang. We've got Arty the Alligator, Siren Sara, Cammy the Chameleon, Gus Gorilla, Knight Knight, Ozzy the Ostrich, and Tito the Turtle." The voice said in a New Jersey accent. The commercial looked like an ordinary commercial for a place for birthday parties. Some shots included the animatronics singing on stage, families hanging out, and kids having fun.

It's your birthday
and we want you to have fun
It's your birthday
So let's party everyone
It's your birthday
And we want you to have fun
It's your birthday
So let's-

The TV sang in the same New Jersey accent. Tex sang along with it so they'd have an idea of what they were dealing with. Zuma kind of liked the jingle and banged his head lightly to the song. Tex then turned the TV off before speaking up.

"We had some great times." He told them before starting to walk again. "Kids laughing, smiling, eating hotdogs, opening presents...You know the story, right?" Ryder and the pups surveyed the room as they came up to the main stage. The pups shuddered in fear gazing up at the singing and dancing animatronics. Chase, however, was scared but didn't show it. He gazed at all eight animatronics who were not in use yet. Especially the main one in front of them, Willy the Weasel.

"Well these little bastards start crawling all over the characters and they get hurt. Couple lawsuits later from mommy's safety organization and wham, bam, and thank you ma'am, we're out of business. Shut us right down." He said before walking away and over to the supply closet with Ryder. The pups stayed where they were as if they were having a staring contest. Rocky then leaned over to Chase.

"I think this is where those people went missing." He whispered to him.

"...You think?" He replied quietly, not taking his eyes off the animatronic weasel. Willy just stood there as if he was caught. The pups slowly made their way where Ryder was with Chase and Rocky following behind. In the corner of Chase's eye, he could've swore he saw Willy move his neck. They found Ryder and Tex by the supply closet trying to open the door, which finally opened.

"Damn thing always gets uh, jammed." He said. He then turned the room light on and showed them the supplies they'll need.

"This stuff ought to do the trick." He said as he showed them what was inside. "Broom, mop, bucket, drainsnake, Windex rag, whatever you need, we got it. Oh!" He exclaimed as he found something. He pulled out a T-shirt of Willy the Weasel himself and showed it to them.

"Congratulations. You are officially on staff." He proclaimed with a smile at the end.

"What about us?" Rocky asked him.

"Sorry. I don't have pup-sized T-shirts." The pups looked at him with disgusted looks.

"I'm kidding. You pups are on staff too."

"I was about to say." Rocky muttered.

Tex then turned out the light and walked towards the exit. He then turned around and faced them.

"Well amigos, it's gonna be dark soon. I'll be back in the morning with that ride of yours dapper and ready to drive or my name is not Tex Macadoo." He told them with a chuckle.

"Help yourself to whatever you can find in the kitchen. It's on the house. And be sure to take breaks. Always good to pace yourself." He informed them. Ryder was honestly felt like getting to work. He wanted to see his old friend really bad.

"That's it?" Ryder spoke up.

"That's it. Good luck." Tex said before leaving the building and closing the door, leaving Ryder and the pups to go to work. After a few minutes, Ryder was mopping the floor and the pups were cleaning up tables. The pups felt like they were all being watched and didn't like it one bit. Skye found Chase and tried to start up a conversation.

"Chase, I don't like Willy." She told him, feeling scared.

"Who doesn't? He's got a longer neck than that giraffe I saw last summer." He replied. Zuma then walked over to the two pups.

"He's got a longew neck than Ozzy Osbouwne the Ostwich!" Zuma joined in with a laugh. The three pups had a laugh.

"And who decided that Willy should wear overalls? The giraffe off of that toy store that went bankrupt?" Chase laughed.

Even though Skye found it funny, she was still scared that one of them might not be alive in the next minute. She then looked at the stage and saw something very unsettling. Willy was looking at them with an angry expression. Skye's senses came to her and alerted Chase and Zuma.

"Guys?" She asked in a shaky tone. But the two pups didn't hear her. They were too busy making jokes about Willy.

"Guys?" She asked a bit louder. Lucky enough, they both heard her and turned to face her.

"Yeah, Skye?" Chase asked casually.

"Why is Willy looking at us with an angry face?" She asked in the same shaky tone as before. Chase and Zuma looked at the stage and saw that Willy was indeed angry. The two pups felt their hearts stop. Chase then looked at Zuma and then at Skye. Zuma shrugged it off and made another joke.

"Aw, is Willy's ovewalls getting too big for him?" He said in a joking manner.

"Zuma, shut it." Chase ordered in a stern manner. Seeing the look on Willy's face made him rethink his decision on making fun of Willy the first time.

"What? It's not like he's gonna walk off stage and kill us."

"Just get back to work. You too, Skye. I have a feeling that we're not the only ones here that's active." The German Shepherd said sharply while not taking his eyes off the animatronic weasel. Zuma just rolled his eyes and went back to his work while Skye did the same. Chase kept his eyes on the weasel 'cause he knew just by the face Willy had on, they weren't the only ones that were on the clock.