Chapter 15

"Drop the lizard!"

There in front of the group standing right outside the door was the sheriff herself. She was pointing a shotgun at the ten-year-old. She also brought some backup with her. Ryder, who was startled, dropped the rope that was tangled around the animatronic chameleon's neck and put his hands up while the pups stood still. Ryder and the pups slowly moved backwards as the sheriff walked forward while still holding the shotgun with her assistant following right behind her. She then motioned Ryder and the pups to stand down while Ryder still had his hands still in the air. Her assistant was busy unwrapping the rope around the motionless animatronic chameleon. Willy the weasel was watching what was taking place in satisfaction even though he looked angry.

"Get that stuff off of her! Willy, I'm so sorry about this prick and his mutts." She said to the orange and yellow animatronic weasel idling on stage.

"Hey!" Rocky said, quite offended.

"Eloise, please stop, they're good guys." Liv pleaded. But Eloise wasn't having it.

"Shut your yap and get outside." She ordered, not pointing the shotgun away from the ten-year-old boy.

"They killed some of them." Her assistant reported, who was now walking back to the group.

"Oh stupid idiots. they'll just incite him more." She sighed in frustrated fear. Eloise then turned towards the animatronic weasel on stage.

"Willy, this kid and his pups don't act for us. Their actions should in no way reflect on the town of Hayesville, you know that, right, Willy?" She asked, trying to apologize for the mess Ryder and the pups had caused. Willy only stood there motionlessly. The sheriff looked at her assistant.

"Well cuff them for God's sake, cuff them!" She told him.

Her assistant looked at her in disbelief. "No way. I'm not leaving them here!" He protested.

"I'll give you two reasons why you are; your wife and your kid. If we don't do what needs to be done, nobody in this county is safe." She explained to him. Her assistant reluctantly did as she commanded and cuffed the ten-year-old boy as well as his pups.

"Hey, you can't cuff me, I'm licensed as the official member as the Paw Patrol's police pup!" Chase objected as his forelegs were cuffed.

"Tough luck, pup. Once you enter Hayesville, you don't come out alive." She said to the German Shepherd.

"And I thought I was gonna see my old friend." Ryder said, looking down at the ground.

"Would you mind please tell us who your fwiend is?" Zuma asked, a tad irritated.

"Shut it!" The sheriff snapped. "I might as well put a bullet between your eyes if that'll make my life easier."

She then turned to LIv. "Where are the others?" She asked.

Liv paused for a moment. "They're dead." Eloise let out another sigh.

"Stupid kids." She whispered to herself. "Okay. Time to go."

Her assistant tried to grab hold of Liv's arm but Liv pulled away.

"No! Uh-uh! I'm not leaving without them!" She protested.

"I'm not giving you a choice. Go!" The sheriff ordered sternly, yet urgently.

"I'm not leaving without them!"

"Get out of here!"

"You don't understand. You locked up the wrong team up in here. They're not trapped in here with them, those damn killing machines are trapped in here with a squad of robotic terminating pups." She retorted before being carried away out of the building.