9

Daniel's POV

Thank God I had a quick reaction! Otherwise, I would just stand and whatch how this beautiful but totally crazy woman would fall from the roof. I molded her to myself in an instant grabbing her waist and bumping her in my stone chest. 

How desperate was that? Or was it just insanely stupid? How will I figure out what's in that little head of hers if she is such a daredevil? But, of course. I composed myself not showing her my reaction.

"That was a good choice, but I think I am not ready to dismiss you, little dove" I still held her tight in my arms feeling strangely comfortable. Her eyes were wide in surprise and with a hitch of relief.

She just froze in my arms looking up deep in my eyes like she was searching for something there. I felt goosebumps from her piercing eyes. It was so pure and intense, a mix of danger and lust and maybe a hint of anger. But boy, did that make me almost sink in those eyes and connect with her plump red lips.

I went back to reality after feeling her arms pushed on my chest so she can stand straight looking all pissed off crossing her arms on her chest.

"That was desperate I must admit, I like that. This attitude will help you while working for me" I took a step back to look at her shocked expression.

"Working for you? Are you high?" she pursed her brows together.

"I am not high. I need people like you. Feisty loose cannon with the ability to dig out any information that you need. And I don't even have to mention what an eye candy you are" I gave her a devilish smirk looking her up and down making my hands comfortable in my pockets.

"So you're somehow persuaded that I will forget what happened today, that I will not mention how your dogs dragged me from the restaurant and I lost my job and money? That I will just close my eyes on the fact that I almost gone dead so that I could work for you? Who are you? A lunatic or something?", she almost yelled at me leaning her head so close that I could feel her breath.

"Okay doll, I have no time to stand here and give you a pep talk. You lost your job. I offer you to work for me with a salary that can give you the opportunity to buy yourself anything you want. You will have inferiors and a nice car with a driver. And of course a charming boss. I recommend you to take it while my offer is available. This is my number. I expect you on Monday morning. Be ready at 8 am" I took my card from the pocket and gently tossed it in her exposed cleavage and closed her opened jaw before retreating from her.

I turned on my heels and saw shocked Tony standing near the exit doors. I patted him on the shoulder and we both exited the rooftop.

"What the hell was that?" Tony blurred while entering my office.

I took my time moving to the cabinet and pouring myself some gin. Damn! That brat destroyed my finest whiskey! I took a seat on the couch relaxing my back and inhaling Emily's scent that still lingered there and tickled my nose.

"Are you going to sit there in silence or maybe explain what was that all about?" he leaned on the wall and looked at me in disbelief.

"What can I say. I find her useful" I spatted at him.

"Yeah, right, that's what you found, you horny little monster" he smirked and poured himself some gin.

"Shut up! There is nothing little in this body, do I need to show you the proof?" I paused for a second.  "She can handle the work. She can be more useful than you, considering all you do lately is fuck and get drunk" why was I even trying to explain something to Tony? I'm the boss, I wanted it to be like this!

"What's so special? Tell me. Is this just a simple fuck-craving or something more?" and this question took me off guard.

What do I want from her? I didn't know shit about her and about her life. The only thing that I could say was that she was one piece of hot ass. I should really get laid soon or I will lose my mind.

"Okay, I can see why you want her so bad boss-man. But why in the world buy her an apartment? Since when do we pay a fortune for sex?" Tony continued and I could feel my blood starting boiling.

"Okay fucker, that's enough! Go and make yourself useful. I don't need you to sit here and blabber shit. Take two men and visit Owen, I haven't heard from him in a while" I dismissed him I stood up and went to the bar. Ending one more glass in one gulp and stormed out from the office.

I needed to find some piece of meat for tonight to clear my mind off. I walked to Jo, who's our newest barman, and asked for my regular. Noticing a good-looking redhead, I ordered her a drink and that's all I needed to make her come with me tonight. I always had this influence on women. They spread their legs for me I didn't even need to make much effort. Sure it's nice to have a good fuck but I was starting to think that there was no woman for me in this world. I needed the one who would keep me challenging. The one who would keep me on my toes constantly.

I took the drunk redhead to my mansion. I usually use one of my apartments in the city for stuff like this but I was so hammered that I didn't care at all. The two-story house had all the amenities and facilities that I needed. It was huge with a total of four bedrooms, five bathrooms, a foyer, a kitchen, a veranda, a dining area, a breakfast area, a private living room, and of course, a big office opposite my bedroom. And it has a separate wing for Tony with two bedrooms and his personal bathroom and living room. It was easier having him around on daily basis.

I took her to one of the spare bedrooms and fucked her brains out till it was dawn not giving a shit of her pleasure. I tried to send her home right after sex because I hated sharing my personal space. But that little slut drifted off like a deadman. I stood off the bed and went to sleep in my master's bedroom. Maybe now I could have some rest and a clear head in the morning. Sunday always was the only day of having a little rest.