18

Daniel's POV

"I had plenty of opportunities to do it," she said playing with the cards in her hands. "But with all my past and my field of work could you blame me for not wanting to give it up to anybody who will cheat me anyway? I know it's silly but, hell, for the last couple of years there were zero cases when the guy refused me," I could see the disappointment in her eyes and the little incident in the market made her even more confident of her conclusions, I knew it.

I reached her hand and entwined our fingers together giving her some comfort. I didn't want to push her to tell me more about her past but I was determined to find out what happened to her.

"So...I am really sorry that you had to see my assault in the car. I actually liked what you were doing...I just couldn't...I couldn't cope with the pressure and the alcohol... I had no intentions to... Oh for fucks sake...I don't know..." she blurred.

"It's okay Emily. I shouldn't have taken advantage of you when you were drunk. It was my mistake and I hope you will forgive me for that." I looked at her beautiful sad eyes. I wanted so badly to scoop her in my arms and squeeze her into my chest making all the pain she was feeling leave her body. Her skin was all in goosebumps from the cool evening air and her hair was loosened covering her shoulders. Such a tempting view.

"Did you just call me Emily? Am I in trouble or something?" she smiled sweetly licking her lips. That sight made me tight in my pants and I got flashbacks from the night I sucked on that bottom lip. I wanted to reach it and feel it under my thumb but my thoughts were interrupted by the buzzing in my pants. Looking at the screen a frowned. Why can't I catch a break?

"I have to take this. I will be back in a moment and with a blanket" I said standing up.

"I don't need a blanket, I'm okay mom" she scoffed at me rolling her eyes. Such a stubborn woman.

"Your nipples can cut glass and you shiver. Or are you just excited for me, hon?" I winked at her and went inside the house leaving her muttering something under her breath.

"Make it quick Lucy, I don't have time for a chat," I said answering the phone and making my way to the closet with the blankets and towels.

"Well, say no more. I can be really quick and hop in your bed in 20 minutes" she purred in my ear. What was it today with all the women? The full moon or some haunt time of the month?

"I don't need you to come Lucy. I already told you. If you still want to work for me I'm okay with that. But there will be nothing more." I answered her coldly. I knew that Lucy didn't need the actual job. Her dad was filthy rich and he asked me to do him a favor when she announced that she wanted to be more independent. We hooked up from time to time for the last year but it was never exclusive. I even took her to the club but it didn't feel right for me with her.

"What is with you lately, Daniel? You paused our relationship, you act weird since you took that homeless pet under your roof-" she hissed annoyingly but I cut her off.

"I didn't pause anything Lucy. Whatever we had I ended it and clearly, you're not coping with it so I think I will have to let you go. Don't bother coming to work anymore. Tony will gather all your stuff from the office and send it back to you. Take care Lucy" and with that, I ended the call. I found the fleece blanket and made my way back to Emily.

I made my way outside and stopped on my tracks looking at the most peaceful little bundle cuddled in the chair. She hugged her knees and rested her head on the armchair. Her lips were slightly parted as her eyes were firmly shut. I kneeled in front of her sleeping face and trailed my finger along her cheek and down to her lips. She shut them close and scrunched her nose. It amused me how I could keep falling deeper for her. I was getting worried about what would happen to me if I have the opportunity to have all of her. Her mind and her gorgeous body.