16

Emily's POV

I groaned from the sun shining straight in my face. My head was exploding and my throat was dry. I couldn't open my eyes. I tried to move but my head only hurt more. Moving my hand to the nightstand I tried to find my phone. Unblocking the screen I saw that it was almost noon. Why in the hell a drank so much last night? I sat on my bed realizing that I was only in my panties and I guessed that my make-up was all smudged on my hungover face. 

And then it hit me. Oh my fucking God! What have I done! I remember dancing, I remember Daniel talking with me, and then all I remember is almost cumming on his tongue and then my breakdown. I took my head in my hands rubbing it with my palms. How am I supposed to look at him now? I do remember him comforting me and his worried eyes. Was he trying to help?

I took a long soothing shower. I tried to clear my head from the thoughts under the hot steaming water. Was he really trying to help me all along? No, that's not possible. He used me. He captured my apartment so that I could be his personal slave. He doesn't feel for me. But still, I had to make things right after yesterday and at least apologize to him.

I exited the shower cabin and after clearing the mirror from the fog I gasped. I had dark marks all over my collarbone and neck. I moved my fingers above the marks contouring them gently. Why did he do it? Did he do it on purpose?

I hopped in a pair of my favorite skinny jeans and a high-neck top to cover the marks and went downstairs. Passing Daniel's office I stopped to hear if there was some movement or some sounds. But there wasn't so I went to the kitchen.

The smell of fresh coffee invaded my nostrils and I saw Tony sipping from his mug and reading the newspaper.

"Hey, Short Round! I see you feel great today! Wanna some coffee?" his grin was huge on his awfully happy face.

"Make me a favor and go fuck yourself" I growled at him moving my legs to the coffee pot instinctively and pouring it on my mug.

"Wow and there I was thinking that Daniel was all grumpy today," he said nonchalantly without moving his eyes from the paper taking another sip from his mug.

I froze at the place I stood. Was he mad? Was he mad at me? Of course, he was. He wanted a fuck, not dealing with an outburst from a virgin. I should kill myself anyway for telling him my biggest and the most stupid secret.

"So.... Where is he anyway?" I tried to sound breezy.

"He said that he will work from the office at the club this week. He left you instructions on what to do today. Here take these it will ease the pain in your smart-ass head." He held out his hand to me with two pills in it.

"Okay, I will go get ready for the trip to the club" I took the pills with my coffee and started to walk to my room.

"Oh, no. Daniel left you instructions and told you to work from here at his home office. You will find all your chores at his desk Cinderella" he winked at me and stood up making his way out.

"So what, I will have to rot here all by myself all week? I am going with you and telling that bastard a piece of my mind! I am not staying here Tony!" I yelled.

Tony took three big steps hovering above me in an instant. He really looked worried. And pissed.

"Hun, I don't know what happened between the two of you but I really recommend you to give him time to chill. Otherwise, it will only come backbiting you in that pretty ass of yours" he squeezed my shoulder lightly and made then himself out.

I was irritated but I couldn't make my mind at who I was angry more, me or him for ditching me like that. And I couldn't even understand why am I being irritated? I will be all by myself. No one will bug me. I will do my work and hopefully won't have to see Daniel again. This is what I want. Or do I?

All remain week I worked at Daniel's office. He left me with all different kinds of tasks and I was really good at nailing them. And all this week I haven't seen him even once. I tried to stay late so that I can catch him and apologize. But he never came and I drifted off to sleep. I know that he sleeps at the mansion because every morning I enter the office and his desk is a mess. I clean it neatly sorting all the docs every evening and in the morning it's a mess. So why is he avoiding me? It's me who made it all awkward but I thought bigger of him than to avoid me.

Somehow around the end of the week, I found myself missing him. I missed our arguments and the way he always made me snap at him. He always gave me that sassy smug smile like pointing that it was all he wanted, to piss me off. But he actually was one of not so many who cared. I think.

It was Sunday morning that I woke up and heard music from downstairs. That was odd because the house was always silent. I know that Sunday is the only day when Daniel rests so I quickly showered and made my hair in a low messy bun with the curly strands covering my cheekbones. I jumped in one of my dresses and practically ran downstairs.

As I entered the kitchen Daniel was standing with his back to me near the kitchen aisle trying to open the new pack of coffee beans. His bareback was like a piece of art. The strong muscles were flexing while Daniel tried to kill that pack. Silly men. Tony was in the front yard behind the glass doors messing with the grill and dancing to The Piña Colada Song. What a dumbass. I smiled and made my way to Daniel. As I approached him I took a pack from his hands brushing my fingers with his. I ripped the top of the pack vertically where it had little zig-zags and opened it.

"It has a special spot where you can open it without any effort" I smiled sweetly at him and filled the container with coffee beans pushing the start button after that.

There was a long uncomfortable pause between us, only the sound of the coffee machine echoing around and Tony's faraway singing along. But then he turned his body and looked intensely at me leaning on the counter. I felt his gaze penetrating straight to my soul and felt naked under it standing with my head looking up at him. I almost never had an opportunity to look him up that close so I took my time remembering every inch of his face. With my former work, I used to meet a lot of gorgeous men but they were nothing compared to Daniel. I still didn't know his actual age but I was guessing that it is under 35. He had a 5 o'clock shade and his hair was damp a little I guess from the recent shower. I so wanted to run my hand in that silky hair. Stupid Daniel.

We stood like that for what felt like an eternity till the sound of a cracking door interrupted us.

"Hey, Sleeping Beauty. I was starting to think that I will have to go and pour cold water on you. How long can you sleep, woman?" Tony asked entering the kitchen. He moved closer to me and ruffled my hair. 

I woke up from my trance and turned my head to Tony.

"Will you stop with the stupid names for me? It really pisses me off! Anyway, I will just grab a cup of coffee and I will be gone back to my room" I said not looking in Daniel's direction. I smoothed my hair giving Tony a devil glare.

Tony was startled with my answer looking at me and then back at Daniel. As I was about to exit the kitchen I heard that husky familiar voice.

"Stay. It's Sunday and we are going to grill stuff," he said calmly.

I stopped in my tracks and spun around looking at his green eyes that sparkled with something looking like hope?

"Okay, sure. Grill stuff it is" I replied with a smile and moved to the patio swaying my hips to the music.

 Maybe later I could talk to him about why I acted that stupid when I was drunk.