Chapter 3 - Emma

Chapter 3

Emma

The bright morning light is what finally wakes Emma. She finds herself in an unfamiliar environment. It smelled like tobacco and fresh dew on leaves after a long thunderstorm. As she looks around the events of last night come rushing back to her; the rain, the wind, she shivered as she remembered the cold, and- him. He had been there. He had saved her.

She didn't even know his name, but she knew that if he had not shown up and taken her into his arms, she would be dead. With a jolt Emma realizes that she owes him her life.

Just as the fog in her brain leave,the questions come rushing back. Who is he? How did he know her name, her life, and what to say? Why was he on the rooftop, and how did he know she was going to be there?

A creak sounds from behind her, startling her out from her thoughts. It was him.

He stands there in the darkest corner of the room, and emma will soon learn that the corner wasn't o only thing that was dark.

She can only really make out a silhouette of him. Emma waits for him to say something to break the silence of the day, but he is silent.

She waits a bit longer, and he doesn't move an inch.

Emma walks over to him, as if he is a statue for he certainly is as still as one. She looks at him, examining every angle. God he is hot.

What do you say to someone that saved your life? Is he her super model guardian angel, sent down to watch over her? No, he's human, so that doesn't work.

"Who are you?" she finally says.

"Who are you?"

"You already know me."

"So you know me."

"Can you..." Emma pauses and chooses her next words carefully "say one thing... please..."

"Oh okay well. We aren't that different."

"Why me?"

"I just knew, I knew it was my time. I needed to step in."

"Well... thank you for saving me."

He turned his back on Emma, and strode from the room. Emma watched him leave, and she felt his absence more than she though she should.