Chapter 2: A new friend

Just like I thought this school year is turning out just like the previous ones, and its really making me feel sick every time I think about who's the next close friend I'm going to loose after this school year ends...its so stressful to be honest.
2 weeks have passed since the classes
started.
Our English teacher ma'am Janice, is already giving us a group project,but  actually its by pair... Students are already busy choosing their own partners, and the classroom is filled with noise and then ma'am Janice suddenly raised her voice and said" I will be the one appointing your pairs". And were just like"wait....what!?" We're frustrated but we can't help it, ma'am Janice is irritated because of the noise we're making a while ago. I waited patiently to be paired to someone...and then finally ma'am called my name " shanneah and Kira you'll be partners for this project"- she said. Me and Kira looked at each other with a shocked expression and then I look back at ma'am but she's already appointing other pairs. This is the first time I'm pairing with a guy , and with someone I didn't talk to before, I forgot to mention he's the quiet type or what you'd call the shy type more or less...how can I deal with someone like that, for some reason its so hard for me to talk to him than everybody else ,probably because he just became my classmate 2 weeks ago and I haven't really talked to him ,not to mention the project is to present a dialogue in front of the whole class which is going to be so hard for me because last time when I presented in front I really could feel that some people is staring at me like they really wanna kill me or something like that, it really makes me nervous I promise.
It's finally break time and I approached Kira for our project. But then his friends Stephen and Joseph called out to him so...."I'm sorry but let's talk about that later" he said, I nodded in response.
Finally dismissal came , classes is over...Kira then came to me and said"so ...umm...Shanneah right? What are we gonna do about the project?" "Well do you know a place near this school where we could practice after school hours is over?"- I replied. He just shook his head. After a few moment I got an idea"I guess we can go at the garden more like a park at the back of the school...its quiet there and just a few knows that its actually there...well its hidden behind tall bushes...the scenery is quite nice as well.....what do you think?" - I asked Kira. " then I guess its settled "- he responded. He followed me as I walk towards some tall bushes at the back of the school... beside the tallest bush and the smallest one there is a narrow space so we tried to fit in ourselves. We get passed the bushes and as I expected a very refreshing scenery welcomed us.
--------------------------*****---------------------------
Kira: woah...what is this place?
Me: I'm not really sure either ...for some reason I know that there's a garden here, but when I asked the gardener at our school he said that there's nothing here in the back ...just grass fields..this place is really mysterious.
Kira: I can't see other people here besides us...
Me: I guess nobody else knows this place...just a guess though ,for I haven't seen anybody else go here..
--------------------------*****---------------------------
If I will describe this place its just so beautiful ...flowers bloom and give off a pleasing fragrance. There is a picnic table....swings and a huge pond with small fishes located in the middle of the garden...and i forgot to mention there's a very tall huge  tree with a treehouse at the top beside the pond. Me and Kira climbed up the tree to see what's inside the treehouse ..we reached the top and we entered the treehouse nobodys inside and its surprisingly wide its just like a normal house except its at the top of a tree. We proceed with our practice for the dialogue presentation
(The next day) im so nervous...today is the day we will present in front of the class...both my hands and legs are shaking....Kira noticed it and tap my back slightly... I looked at him as if saying " i dont want to do it". "Its alright youre not alone dont let our hard practice go to waste" - he said as if reading what's running in my mind. Finally its our turn....instead of giving so much attention to my surroundings I focused on ma'am Janice and Kira ,  as if its just me and Kira practicing at the tree house...  We finished our presentation properly nobody clapped their hands not after a while....I guess they're shocked that we delivered our presentation that way.... I am glad its finished...