14 | Beast Tamer

Māui, Tayir and Namur sat in various places as the impromptu party raged on. To most they looked like sentry guards. To the queen, they looked like Idiots. Sabine had left to get Namur and the queen sighed. "Husband. When will these boys learn. They are never going to get her if they don't do anything about it." she motions exasperatedly at Māui and Tayir. The king laughed and patted her shoulder. "My dear. Mwezi is a strong woman and they probably don't feel they deserve her. She has three strong mates as it is, a five mark legendary Sabertooth pinning after her and she's with child." he offered.

Sabine had all but dragged Namur over to the queen and king. "Hello Namur. I'm king Kaizo and this is my wife Lu'ana." the king said as he started introductions. "What are your intentions for my little girl?" Lu'ana said with a look. Sabine couldn't hide her grin and Kaizo sighed in defeat. "I-we look after our own. She was annoying at first I'll admit." Sabine smacked him upside the back of his head but he kept talking and ignored it. "But she grew on my family, the tribe and eventually me." Namur stated plainly. "You could at least try to lie a little better boy. You're in love with that woman just like those knuckleheads are." she retorted motioning to Māui and Tayir with her head.

Namur wasn't sure how to react so he stared at the queen like a deer in headlights. Sabine bent over in laughter and tried to muffle it by covering her mouth. "You two talk politics. I'm going to do my motherly duties." Lu'ana added as she pushed up the sleeves of her dress, lifted the skirt and walked over to Māui and Tayir. Kai noticed his mother making a b line for the trackers and gave his father a puzzled look. His father just shook his head and went back to talking with Sabine and Namur.

"What are you two doing exactly?" Lu'ana asked. The pair looked at one another in confusion. "Enjoying the party?" Tayir replied but it was more a question. "M'kay well we haven't talked since our last chit chat back at the palace." she relied and clasped her hands patiently. "Well we were definitely going to give her time to let things settle, get back to normal since we just got her back." Māui started. "And then we just kind of have to be honest about our feelings? Court her a bit or whatever she calls it. We don't want to push her too much now with the babies involved." Tayir added. "Well. Do you need a meeting? I can set one up." she offered and they nodded. "Yay" she squealed as she clapped excitedly.

By the time Lu'ana made her way back to her husband's side Kai had joined the group. "I know we can never make amends for the past. But that doesn't mean I wont try." Kaizo said. "After I told Mwezi what happened to our people she told us about a similar experience she had. Her and people like her, enslaved and murdered for nothing but the color of their skin. Seen and treated as a threat when they were innocent people. In retrospect she would tell me to remember that the current powers that be are not the ones that hurt me. But she knew with full conviction that you would try to make amends and right the wrongs. She said where she's from, people were still fighting to uphold the old ways. Here at least you'd be willing to help." Sabine said sadly.

"I have spoken to other members of the royal council. I will not lie and say everyone is on board. Nor will I pretend that those who are on board are there with good intentions. But you saved my daughter's life, took care of her and treated her with kindness. Even before she claimed you as family, I would have been indebted to you. The territory that Mwezi and Kai built together is flourishing well and we are looking to expand. The wolf, ape and fox kingdoms all offered land to build similar settlements." Kaizo explained. "And you're telling us this, why?" Namur asked.

Sabine face-palmed and shook her head. "If you wanted, we would like to make a safe space for you. You would be within the Bear kingdom lands and protections, not that you need it. But you would have resources at your disposal and Mwezi would be able to visit a lot more often." Kaizo replied. The mention of Mwezi's name made Namurs ears twitch in excitement. "So we are to uproot our people and rely on you?" Namur retorted. He didn't mean to sound like an ass but he also didn't care.