5 | Beast Tamer

Mwezi was pulled against a cold yet firm body that was super smooth to the touch. The tanned arms of a man wrapped around her as his nearly floor length hair cascaded over their bodies. "I've finally found you." he said, nuzzling his face into her neck. Mwezi froze in fear realizing this is the snake man from before. "Please, please let me go. My mates are going to be looking for me." she said as Paka started screaming her name as he jumped into the trees. "LET MWEZI GO!" he roared, shifting on the branch. He had gathered enough of a crowd that Kai had finally shown up. "Oh no the feral has that poor woman!" one of the girls cried out as her mates surrounded her to protect her. "He has four marks!" one of the men yelled as everyone gasped and backed away. Everyone but Kai and Paka.

"She is MY mate! I will not just let her go!" the man hissed, holding her impossibly closer

"She is MY mate! I will not just let her go!" the man hissed, holding her impossibly closer. "I don't even know your name!" Mwezi yelled in a panic. "Well you ran before I could tell you. Me and your other mate have been looking all over for you." the snake man said. "Who?" Mwezi asked, making the snake man wince in confusion. "Irdum?" he replied more as a question. "Oh my God he's alive! Thank the Lord Jesus. Where is he?" Mwezi asked. "Back at our home. Come I will take you home. Oh my name is Nyoka by the way." he informed her and nuzzled his cheek against her before dropping from the tree and starting off into the woods.

" he informed her and nuzzled his cheek against her before dropping from the tree and starting off into the woods

Kai had shifted by now and he and Paka had cut Nyoka off, making Nyoka hiss at them. 'I can't afford to lose her when I just found her' Kai thought in a panic and he roared at Nyoka. 'She finally warming up to me and this fucking feral tries to take her from us.' Paka raged silently as he roared at the snake. "You haven't even marked her, what kind of mate are you?" Nyoka hissed. "The kind who respects my wishes!" Mwezi yelled, trying to squirm out of his arms. "Well you can tell me when I get you home." Nyoka replied and without warning his size grew and he used his large tail to swipe both Paka and Kai across the open field before slithering off into the wild.

Mwezi had decided to keep quiet until she could figure out how sane or not Nyoka was. She did however have to figure out what she was going to do about Irdum if she decided to stay. "We're home." Nyoka announced as they entered a wide and deep cave. There were many furs piled off to one side that looked like a makeshift sleeping area. To the right was a big fire that was going with meats cooking over it. "Where's Irdum?" Mwezi asked quietly as Nyoka set her down on the furs. "He's out catching fish. He'll be back soon, don't worry." Nyoke replied, looking her over casually. "Why don't you bear any marks?" Nyoka asked. "Because I like to get to know a guy before I allow him to be my mate. No sense in letting someone mark me and he's not worthy or we don't get along. Saves me wasted time and he doesn't have to worry about not being able to find another mate since he was rejected. I also don't like being KIDNAPPED!" Mwezi seeth.