21 | Beast Tamer

It had been a few weeks since the great war of snow, as people were calling it. Mwezi had spent her time with the kids by Maui’s side. She had felt bad and got better about hanging out with the others but they all understood her worry and didn’t take offense. She was thankful the relationship was healthy and none of them seemed jealous. The babies had started not eating as often and exploring more. It gave her more free time to relax and allowed the others fatherly bonding time with the kids.It was chaotic but they made it work.

Mewzi was pulled from her aimless thoughts as she heard a groan from Maui. Her head snapped in his direction, her eyes wide with worry and excitement. Maui slowly opened his eyes and took deep breaths, letting them out slowly. He turned his head slowly to see Mwezi and his eyes seemed to water. “You’re real…” he whispered. 

Mwezi sobbed and nodded her head. It took all her willpower not to throw herself on him as he was still physically healing.  “Of course I’m real, silly.” she replied before peppering his face with kisses, gently.

He slowly slid his hand out to her and she took it. She placed kisses in the palms of his hand before caressing the side of his face with the backs of her finger. There was a knock on the door. “Come in.” Mwezi said quietly.

Nyoka stuck his head in. “How is he-Oh! You're awake!” Nyoka’s head disappeared. “HES AWAKE EVERYONE!” he yelled out before carefully walking in the room. The boy cubs clung to each of his legs while he carried Sana in his arms, bottle feeding her.

Maui sat up, much against everyone's protest. This was his first time getting to really hold and see the kids. “They’re beautiful….” he whispered. The moment seemed like a filler montage but Mwezi appreciated it nonetheless. Everyone got to fill in Maui with what happened since he was asleep. Even Kai’s parents spoke to him about his coronation.

“Can’t he rest more?” Mwezi asked softly.

Maui shook his head. “It can't wait much longer my love. The kingdom was in turmoil before the war. Now with no clear leader, it’s a breeding ground for chaos. I must take the throne immediately.” he said softly.

Mwezi knew it was true but she didn't like it. Her shoulders slumped but she nodded. Everything that happened after was a whirlwind of events and meetings. Maui managed to take time for relaxing and physical therapy, otherwise Mwezi through a fit. Once everything came together it was a sight to behold. 

The ceremony was outside among the mountains and under the moon. Everything was snow covered or ice encased with the trees in the area. Some identical to evergreens and pines and others barren like other trees. Crystals are strung among the leafless trees and 

they glow like fairy lights when hit by moonlight. Magical firebowls are strategically placed for perfect lighting. Snow shoveled away to make a path, wolf shifters helping everyone with directions.

Shifters from all over gather in the Wolf Kingdom mountains. The actual coronation was had at sunset. The formal crowing of Maui as king. He was given many gifts by the people  before giving his first ever speech.

"First I want to say thank you to everyone who came and I wish you were here to those who couldn't make it.

Special shout out to my brothers who helped me fight for my home and my beautiful mate for being there every step for the way."

The crowd awed.

"Many lives were lost on both sides, but their deaths were not in vain. Let us remember them in life and celebrate their journey to the next."

The warriors cheered.

"This is my promise to you all. I, Maui king of wolves, vow to restore this kingdom to her former glory!"