7 | Beast tamer

**Warning: SMUT**

As promised, once everything was settled Mwezi made a celebratory dinner, but to the men's disdain she invited Māui back as a thank you. He seemed a bit warm, at least to her, she thought but she was happy she could help in any way. He seemed so sad all the time and for whatever reason she was determined to change his outlook on whatever it was that was bothering him. As they were preparing for dinner there was a loud squeal that ran into the kitchen and Mwezi was nearly toppled over by one of the most beautiful women she'd ever met. "Oh my goodness let me look at you! You're so beautiful! KAI YOU HIT THE JACKPOT BOYOH!" she screamed back into the dinning room. "Air...can't...breath!" Mwezi managed to get out as Kai's mother finally let her go. "Oppsie! My bad. Forgot my own strength what with all the gems Kaizo has gotten me." she said with a giggle and lightly pat Mwezi arms. 'Ah so Papabear's name is Kaizo' Mwezi thought to herself.

"Hiiiii moooommm!" Mwezi replied, making Kai's mother beam with joy. "SHE CALLED ME MOM AHHHH!" but as she went to give Mwezi another hug Kai's father came in and picked her up bridal style. "Forgive your mother, I fear she's like a child at heart and only acts her age in her knees- WOW that food smells amazing!" the king said, going to grab a piece. "AHT AHT, No! Wait till it's ready!" Mwezi replied, which only made Kai's mother burst out laughing. "She's perfect for him, I'm so excited! So! Down to business. When should I expect grand pups?" she asked and Kaizo carried her out of the room as she fought him trying to get an answer from Mwezi.

~~

Paka had been super excited for the last couple of days knowing that Mwezi fully accepted him. She wasn't sure what was going to happen or when so she decided to ask someone who knew. Kai's parents had come to visit now that the village had been finished. King Kaizo wanted to give the land his blessings before we officially opened the "doors". "Pssst. Mmmooommm." Mwezi whisper-yelled to get the queen's attention. With a smile, Kai's mother parted ways with her husband and grabbed Mwezi' hand and dragged her to the back door of their home. "Yes my dear?" the queen asked once they were outside. "So um Paka and I are going to make the mate thing official but I have nnooooo idea what to expect or what's going to happen." Mwezi asked shyly. "Oooo saucy." the queen clapped with a giggle and they sat down on a bench in the garden. "Simply put, they bite you to give you their mark, which is unique to them,and then normally you make babies! Oooh you would look so cute. I get grand pups and then grand cubs," the queen clapped excitedly. Mwezi was worried, what if they weren't compatible and she couldn't have babies. The thought saddened her, she did want her own family even if she hadn't planned on having them with someone not human. She shook the idea away and prayed for the best.

"Will it hurt?" Mwezi asked and the queen nodded. "The more marks they have, the more power they have, the more it hurts. However the pain doesn't last long and then it's an afterthought when your mate is burri-", "MOM!" Mwezi squealed to cut the queen off. She was so happy the queen couldn't see her mortified blush that burned her cheeks at the moment. The queen just burst out laughing while Kai and his father ran outside to see what was wrong. "What happened?" The king asked, "Are you two okay?" Kai asked and his mother nodded. "Yup LET'S GO!" Mwezi squeaked, pulling Kai back into the house. "What was that about?" he asked using his finger to lift her chin so she looked him in his worried eyes. "I made the grave error of asking mom about the mating process and what to expect." Mwezi replied. Kai looked away embarrassed, his blush also hidden. "Just know that we never wish to hurt you on purpose." Kai said, looking back at her with an apologetic face. She nodded, "I know." she said with a sigh before looking around. "Speaking of, where is Paka?" Mwezi asked.

"Ah speak his name and he shall appear!" Kai said motioning to Paka walking through the front door with a shit eating grin on his face. "Oh no what are you up to sir?" Mwezi asked. "She's all yours," Kai said, giving Paka a high five, "Thank you." Paka replied. Ignoring Mwezi's question Paka shifted into the jaguar form and Kai lifted her onto the back of Paka's six foot tall frame. "Hold on tight!" Kai said, pushing on Mwezi's back. Instinctively she leaned forward and wrapped her arms around as much of Paka's neck as she could right before he shot out the house and into the forest. She screamed at first, surprised by the sudden motion but once she got the hang of it and his movement she was laughing happily. "This. Is. AMAZING!" she yelled out excitedly as he shifted from running on land to leaping through branches of the trees.