17 | Beast Tamer

I know I haven't update in a while so here a long one to make up for it hopfully?

This chapter is going to get kinda sad at one point. I'm sowwie

P.S. plzdonthatemeiloveyou

P.S.S. You'll need holy water and or grass to touch. Or a fuck tone of snacks.

It has been a few weeks while preparations were made. The season had begun to grow cold and soon Nyoka would have to go into hibernation if he didn't leave for warmer lands. Mwezi's morning sickness faded but Namur continued to make her soups as they kept her belly full and body warm. Paka, Kai and Nyoka would visit on the weekends while they worked with the others to begin preparing for battle. Mwezi had a room in Sabine's home she stayed in while preparations were made. It kept her safe and the men were able to make plans and move about without being worried for her safety.

"I think one of the funniest things about you being here is watching Namur fuss over the fact that you're staying with me and not him." Sabine joked as she nearly joked on her drink. "And why is that so funny huh?" Mwezi asked, trying not to choke on her soup. "It's what he gets for taking so long to admit his feelings for you, and then admitting it in such a lackluster way. Pfft." Sabine said, offended. "Well I have to agree with her on that one" Lu'anna said as she came back with adult beverages for her and Sabine. "Oh yall rude." Mwezi said. "Nonsense my love here." Lu'anna retorted as she handed her a glass of what appeared to be sparkling cider. "I'm telling dads." Mwezi said with a fake cry as she drank the cider anyway. They all burst out laughing and this time Mwezi did choke.

Māui, Namur and Tayir came in from the back with cooked meats and rice on large trays they set up in Sabines kitchen. They used the large fire pit she had to cook for everyone. Mwezi's stomach gurgled at the promise of delicious food and everyone started laughing. Namur even cracked a smile as he and Tayir plated her different meats while Māui got her a bowl of rice and sauces she liked for her proteins. "Feeding yourselves first! How dare!?" Sabine joked as she saw them with the food. Māui scoffed into a laugh as he sat next to Mwezi on her left and Tayir sat on her right. Namur went back to get Mwezi some water and put on some of the hot chocolate she showed him how to make. They fed Mwezi while everyone else served themselves including Kai, Paka, Nyoka and Lu'anna's mates who all came back. "I'm okay now, go eat, go!" Mwezi said, forcing them to leave her side so they could feed themselves. "Between the six of them you're going to be spoiled rotten." Sabine whispered and they laughed.

"Oh Mwezi! I finished the nursery!" Paka said with a smile. "Yay! I can't wait to see it! I wish I knew the gender or species of the baby at least." she pouted a bit at the last part. "Oh well you're far enough along now, why don't you?" Sabine asked. "I can?" she asked, confused. "Of course darling. There's a tonic for both. One makes this weird smoke cloud that will look like the father's mark. The other will turn purple for a girl and yellow for a boy. Something about the blood's reaction to whatever is in the tonic, I don't know." Lu'ana answered, muttering the last part.

Mwezi agreed to the tests and Lu'anna had Etum fly back to the palace to fetch the royal doctor and have her make the tonics. "Once you guys are up and running officially, you will get your doctor a greenhouse. They'll need it in these mountains." Kaizo stated. Namur and Sabine nodded with thanks.

There was a sound outside and a few people had shifted into their animal forms. Everyone ran outside while Tayir stayed inside with Mwezi in case he had to fly off with her. The tiger shifter and Jaguar shifts nearly collapsed with wounds. "What happened?!" Ale'te asked, enraged. "There was a feral attack on our border villages. The Eagles ferried them over to the mainland in exchange for help and the promise of mates." The tiger said as he coughed up blood. "Get the medic!" Sabine yelled out as someone ran up with the doctor in tow. "But the Tiger kingdom vowed to remain neutral, why?!" Mwezi asked, finally coming out of the house. "Eagle Kingdom refuses to accept responsibility. The Queen says she nor her son allowed for such a deal to be bartered but that's what the ferals told us. Why would they lie?" one of the Jaguar shifts said as he hissed in pain from the medicine a medic was applying to his side.