11 | Beast Tamer

A few weeks had passed since Maūi and Tayir had left to make a name for themselves. According to Kai's father they had been doing rather well for themselves and helped catch many wanted war criminals. Unfortunately, their most recent assignment had them working with General Sumir and Amir. "Have they killed anyone yet?" Kai asked his father. The bear kind shook his head with a chuckle and Kai scoffed as he handed a bag to Nyoka. Mwezi's jaw fell. "I know ya'll are not betting on them?" Mwezi asked but it was more of a statement. Paka walked in the room and kissed the top of Mwezi's head. "Yup. To see how long Amir will last before Maūi removes his throat." Paka replied, tossing Nyoka a bag.

"Yall are terrible....how long has he lasted?" Mwezi asked. "For science of course..." she added. They gave her a confused look and she realized science might not be something they've heard of. "Never mind. Why are they working together?" she asked to draw attention away. Kai's father sighed and put down his drink. "There's a wandering group of rouge shifters, going through different territories and kidnapping women, selling them to the highest bidder." he said quietly. "Sex trafficing!?" Mwezi squealed in outrage. The king nodded, Tayir and Maūi were hired by the council of kings to help Sumir and his men. Drama aside, they both recognize Duty and Money to be earned." he added.

Mwezi didn't like the idea of them being so close to something so dangerous but she knew they could handle themselves. She remembered back home how a bunch of kids would go missing and be found with missing organs or never located at all. It was a terrible thing to watch as families grew more broken and lost hope over the years. Mwezi grew extremely sad and Kai's mother stepped in. "Alright boys. We're going out for some girl time!" she said with a clap before pulling Mwezi away from the table and outside where guards waited to escort them.

They ended up in the town's marketplace, bustling with merchants and people looking to buy goods and food. It was so crowded, Mwezi was surprised at how easily people moved to give them room to pass. "Sorry love, I could see your mood turning for the worst. Plus the boys need alone time to measure their dicks against one another." the Bear queen remarked. The both burst out into laughter, making people look their way from the sudden outburst. "Now I know this lovely designer is in town, makes beautiful garments and I think you and I both could use something nice." the queen said with a wink. Mwezi jumped up and down excitedly.

They arrived at a grandiose shop that looked like a massive tent. They went inside and there were live men and women showing off the outfits like living mannequins. Mwezi was taken back by the lavish set up and look of the place. "Well if it isn't the Queen of Bears herself. And whom might this beautiful specimen be?" the man asked. Mwezi didn't like the feeling she got when his eyes slid up and down her body, it made her feel dirty. "Where's your boss?" the queen asked after she exchanged a knowing look with Mwezi. A woman walked up to them with flowing green hair and fabric draped over her like a toga that was almost see through. "My queen, a pleasure as always." she said with a bow. "Mwezi this is Mera. Good friend and amazing designer." the queen introduced them. 'Pleasure princess Mwezi." Mera replied.Mwezi blushed "Just Mwezi is fine, please." Mwezi replied. Mera giggled and nodded.

Mera had shown them a collection of her works and outfits. "Oh mom, what about this one?" Mwezi asked, holding up a gold two piece. Oh yes! I'm sure the bows will love it!" the queen replied. "I'll get the accessories." Mera added and walked away. By the time she was finished changing, Mwezi was jingling everytime she moved. It was a gold bikini set with a matching gold string circlet, gold necklace, gold bracelets, gold thigh garter and gold anklets. The back of the top was a spider like piece that connected to a gold ring in the center of her back.

She walked out of the changing room and did a spin. The queen's jaw fell and all the men in the shop, even the workers, stopped to stare. "My goodness, none of your mates would be able to resist." Mera said quietly. Mwezi felt her face warm up from the stares and was happy no one could see her blush. She slipped back into the fitting room quietly to change back. She liked the fabric that they used to separate off the space. Mwezi was admiring the silk and didn't see the fabric shift and part behind her until it was too late. She tried to scream but a cloth was put over her face with a sweet almond smell coming from it. She fought with him, using her nails to scratch his face and arms, anywhere she could but he was too strong.