#6

I blinked my eyes, waiting for my mom to snicker and laugh and shout,"it was a joke y/n! Look at your face!!"

But it never happened......

"That's great!" I chimed, with a big smile across my face, showing my pearly whites.

"Mom! I am so happy for you!!"

"Really y/n? I thought you will be angry and won't agree because of what happened last ti-"

"It's okay mom, it's not gonna happen again", I cut her words, not wanting to hear what she was about to say.

I get up and engulf her in a giant bear hug, "I know you mom, you will never let that happen again..."

"Sweetie, it won't", she said, with a low voice.
_________

I closed the door after entering my room and heave a sigh with my eyes closed trying hard to control my emotions as I slid down the door.

I can't beleive it's happening again....
I don't need it....
I don't want it....

This day gets worse and worse....

Yeah...I lied.....

I am not happy, but I can't let my mom suffer because of my bratty ass...

I slid into my nightwear and go to bed, not wanting to think much about it.

It's okay y/n, it will be fine....
_______

I open the door to my house as my mom didn't open it after ringing the bell a few times. I got in and I was taken aback by the sight in front of me...
There laid my mom...unconscious...
I ran to her...

"Mom! Mom! Get up! What happened!?"

No response

Trying hard to control my tears, I turn back to see the the man who was the cause of my mom's condition right now.... terrified...

"Oh! You're back!", He said with a disgusting smirk plastered on his face....

"What did you do to her!?" And slap!

I fell down due to the large impact on my cheek.

Tears rolling down my eyes, I endure his beatings. I endured it till now.....every day, he would come, force himself on me, but he never got what he wanted, I never let him get it, stressed, he started beating me, and today, he hit my mom.....

I laid there, badly bruised, face full of dried tears, feeling disgusted that I couldn't prevent what happened to my mom, so much to handle for 15 year old, huh?

Fighting my weakness, I got up and called the ambulance, they took us to the hospital and treated us, my mom, shocked after getting to know that he abused me, dialed the cops in anger and the next thing I saw was him being dragged in a police van handcuffed....

"You'll will regret!", Were his last words I heard before the van disappeared in the darkness, it still haunts me!

I shot my eyes open, another one of those dreams, although it may not seem that scary, but to only think about it as my past, our past, ached my heart.

Breathing heavily, I filled a glass with water which was kept on the nightstand and gulped it down. I checked the time, 4:00 AM. I won't be able to sleep now, but I could lay on my bed, thinking and forgetting all about it, but it was not that easy.....

It's been three hours, might as well get ready for school. I walked down the stairs, only to find a note left by my mom.....again...
_____________________________________________________
Hey y/n !
                I've to go early today as well. I am really sorry! I prepared your breakfast, EAT IT!! and we have to go for a dinner at your soon-to-be dad's house this evening!! So be ready! Wear something nice!! I will pick you up at 6:00 pm.
                                                                         Love,
                                                                        mom <3
_____________________________________________________

I let out a sigh and get out of the house, after finishing my breakfast ofcourse.

I think as I  start walking on the street in a sluggish manner, like a zombie, because I didn't sleep well, feeling embarrased as the people on the street stare at me in an unusual way....

"Soon-to-be dad, huh?"
_____________________________________________________ Hey guys! Hope you liked today's story!! I am very busy recently but I'll try updating as soon as possible! If you like my work then please let me know, do comment and vote! It will be appreciated! Hope you all are doing well! Borahae!!💜💜