#36

I get down from my bed and walk to the bathroom. To my horror, it's obvious.

I didn't sleep a wink last night..

Everything is very overwhelming for me, not in a positive way. Glimpses from last night flash before my eyes as I try to not pay any attention to those. It's horrifying. All of it. I start getting shivers all over my body as an uneasy anxious feeling sets deep in my stomach.

Criminals. I live with criminals.

Oh my god.

Taking a few deep breaths, I splash my face with some cold water. What am I supposed to do now?

Okay y/n, think.

Think

Think

Nothing

I have to behave normal. Completely normal. Last night, I was almost caught by Jimin. He is definitely suspicious of me by now.

Gulping down my fear, I go downstairs, to the dining room. 

"Good morning y/n!" Dad chirps as he sees me approaching the dining table.

I take a deep breath trying to calm myself, and break into a huge smile.

"Good morning dad!" I try to reply with the same enthusiasm.

I already feel my brothers' eyes on me. Gulping down any amount of fear that I have, I move towards the kitchen counter to pour myself a glass of water, when I find that my hands are shaking. They are shaking so violently that they could destroy an anthill by just a mere touch, if that makes any sense. All I can think of is events from last night.

As I pick the glass up, it falls and shatters on the floor. Eight heads turn in my direction, making me more anxious.

Did I anger them?

"I-I am so s-sorry, I'll pick it up."

I immediately bend down to pick the broken shards up. I wince painfully when I cut my finger, well great. Shouldn't be that deep of a cut anyways. I continue picking up the shards when I feel a strong grip on my wrist.

"Your hand is bleeding y/n. Stop it" I hear Jungkook say through his gritted teeth.

I continue picking them up without paying any attention to his words, when I hear a more authoritative voice.

"Y/n, stop it." This one had a really dark aura, so much so that my hand automatically stopped picking up the shards, that now lay in a small pool of blood.

My blood.

I look up teary eyed towards Namjoon, who was now glaring at me.

"I-I am so sorry, I really didn't mean to-"

"Stop it y/n, no one is blaming you." I hear Jungkook beside me.

"We really don't care actually" Jimin remarks. 

"Shut up Jimin" I hear Jin ordering the younger one.

He starts walking towards me, my heart beating faster as his steps get closer, my breathing uneven.

"Let me help you" he says and helps me up. He leads me to his room, which was really beautiful and matched his personality. 

"Sit there" he points towards the bed, as he reaches for a white box. 

Jungkook soon enters the room, leaning on the doorway.

He observes keenly as Jin dresses up my wound, which hurt a lot for some reason.

"Dumb girl. Got hurt again. How do you manage to attract bad things ?"

"I don't know" A tear slips down my cheek, now thinking of everything that has happened to me in the span of such a short time. My parents got married just a month ago.

Jin wipes my tear gently, it somehow gave me immense comfort.

"Don't cry now, it's alright."

I nod and get up, leaving the room to get my bag. I am followed by Jungkook to my room, then the living room till outside the mansion.

"Why are you following me?"

"I am not."

"Oh"
I turn back and start walking towards the gates.

"Where are you going?"

"To the bus station", I say.

"You're coming with me."

I halt on my spot as I hear him say that.

"W-what? No"

"You are." He says through his gritted teeth.

"No, I am not. I am happy going by bus. You really don't need to force yourself to take me to school with you"

I say, now slightly scared.

"I am not forcing myself, but I'll for sure have to force you if you don't get in my car this instant."

I open my mouth to say something but nothing comes out. I am completely blank. I gulp down my anger and walk to him.

"Good girl" he smirks.

Funny how I am not scared of him but rather get angry at him. He gets on my nerves.
___________________

I am in his car, which seems all too familiar. Strangely, this time he is driving slowly as calming serene music is being played. 

I like it.

I relax my back on the seat as I doze off into the calmness.

"Y/n, Wake up" I feel soft pats of a rough hand on my cheeks as I am brought back from my deep slumber.

Then a sharp pain in my scalp. He just pulled my hair.

"Ow! What is it?" I say angrily.

"What? You weren't waking up, what was I supposed to do?"

"Not make me bald atleast?" I say, giving him a glare.

"Oh, glaring at me, are you?" 

I realise and instantly look away. I get out of the car and start walking towards my class.
_________

I let out a relieved sigh as I take my seat.
I put my head down on my desk as something slides towards me and hits me.

I look up to see that it's a chocolate bar, which was oh so graciously offered by Junghoon.

"What?" I ask him, annoyed.
"Can you open it up for me please?"
He retorts.

I look at him annoyed, as if I'll kill him any second now.

"Do. It. Yourself. You dumbass."

I hear him laugh out loudly, a hearty laugh at that. For the first time since I met him, I have heard him laugh like that.

"It's for you, idiot. Have it, you seem upset about something"
He says, smiling gently.

What-

"You seem in a good mood this morning." I remark, considering the fact that he is all smiley and giggly.

"Am I now? I see" he nods his head as if thinking about it deeply.

I take up the chocolate bar nonetheless.

I love chocolate. It makes anything and everything better. Not with kimchi stew though.

I take the first bite and indulge myself in the sweet taste. I already feel so much better.

"Thanks a lot" I express my gratitude with a subtle smile. 

He lets out a smile and in the next moment, ruffles my hair. "No worries"