The Drow.

D&D/ Fantasy Au.

Not all creatures in the world were treates the same. Some were treated like monsters just because of their species.

Janus was a drow, a dark elf. Drows were not favourited amongst creatures, as they used dark magic and prayed to the spider-goddess. He was also a necromancer, which also made him less favourable with others.

He lived by himself, not too far away from a village within thick woods, so that he wouldn't burn when going outside, although that ment that he couldn't grow his own crops. Janus went into town, although the villagers weren't fond of him, as of his species.

Janus didn't talk to many people, as he just prefered to stay out of peoples way and not bother them, although he did talk to a group of adveturers that occasionally came to the village. They weren't like the others who lived in the village, they didn't talk down to him and talked to him as if he were a normal person.

He didn't see the group very often, maybe for a few days every couplenof months. They had asked him to join them on their quests, although he had declined the offer everytime, as he wasn't comfortable with leaving.

Here are the races in D&D, you don't have to base Y/c off of just these though:
Dwarf,
Elf,
Halfling,
Human,
Dragonborn,
Gnome,
Half-elf,
Half-orc,
Tiefling.

Here are the classes from D&D, again you don't have to base Y/c off of these though:
Barbarian,
Bard,
Cleric,
Druid,
Fighter,
Monk,
Paladin,
Ranger,
Rogue,
Sorcerer,
Warlock,
Wizard