The Cafe

Human AU.

Not all couples were meant to stay together, but that it didn't hurt when they broke up. Janus Williams was a 24 year old, working at a small cafe in Soho, London. It was a popular cafe, many people coming in every day, with regulars that came in most days of the week. He had been dating Y/C since the end of sixth form, it was a long happy relationship but at the beginning of the year, they had broken up. Janus was clueless as to why they broke up, and blamed himself for the pair breaking up, and spent a month or so in despair and depressed. 

After a that time, one of Janus'  close friends had found out that h e had been broken up with for a slightly younger modelling uni student. He was outraged with Y/C and the superficial reasons  why he had been dumped. He threw himself back into his work, and had signed himself up for a university course with the open university so that he could work from home when he could. He was happy for a while, having a promotion from work and getting high scores on the essays and other pieces of work that he was doing for his university work.

Although, in June, things started to go downhill a bit. His ex boyfriend was trying to crawl his way back into Janus' life. At the same time, he found out that he was pregnant. With his ex boyfriend being the last person he had been intimate with, which left Janus confused as to what to do with Y/C. 

The next morning he wasn't in for the beginning shift, opening up the cafe and  starting to bake some of the foods with some of the kitchen staff in the back. Janus stayed in the front of the cafe by himself, waiting for the first customers to come in so he could take their orders.