Metal teeth (won't let go)

On the run from Separatist forces, Ahsoka finds herself trapped like a bear.

///

"You better be keeping up with me, Snips?"

Anakin shouted over his shoulder, a few strides ahead to form a path through the thick vegetation. Ahead of them, Ahsoka heard cannon fire, and prayed their shuttle was hidden well enough to avoid being destroyed by air artillery.

Honestly, after the hell of a mission the Master and Padawan had been on, getting their ship blown up would be the icing on the cake.

"Right behind you, Master!"

Ahsoka was nearly on his heels, using her lightsaber as best as she could to defend them from the shots behind. It wasn't fair how fast the B1 droids could navigate jungle terrains without tripping over logs or falling into little streams. Ahsoka's chest heaved with every step she took, leaping over some rocks to avoid twisting an ankle.

"We're less than half a klick from the shuttle!" Anakin told her, swinging his lightsaber to clear some particularly thick vines.

Ahsoka couldn't wait to get off his damn planet. They'd only been here for a little more than twelve hours, and Ahsoka had honestly never seen so many pirates in one place. Kallistas was swarming with them.

She'd spent the entire mission stuck close to Anakin's side, knowing well enough that the way the pirates were leering at her wasn't just because they were foreigners. Anakin's jaw never unclenched at any point between them entering and leaving the shady cantina where they were trying to find a Separatist leader.

They found him, as well as his army of three hundred droids. Ahsoka knew Anakin would be giving the GAR an earful once they returned to Coruscant, thanks to the dodgy Intel that nearly got them both killed.

It had quickly proved impossible that they wouldn't be able to subdue the Separatist leader when he instantly recognised the famous duo from the HoloNet and ordered his droids to hunt them down. What was supposed to be a 'walk in the park' type of mission became a 'run for your life through the jungle' mission.

Nearly there, Ahsoka thought to herself, begging her desperate lungs to not fail on her as she tried to keep up with Anakin. If she fell too far behind, he'd start making her do cardio and stamina training by running laps up and down the Temple steps.

"I can see the shuttle!" Anakin shouted, relief strong in his voice.

Something snagged on her foot, pressure wrapping around her ankle like a hydraulic crush and tripping her up when she tried to pull away. Ahsoka barely managed to catch herself with her hands, the wind getting knocked from her lungs as she fell atop of a mossy log.

As fast as she hit the ground, Ahsoka pushed herself up, not wanting to fall behind, when the pressure around her ankle and foot suddenly became blinding pain, drawing a choked cry from her lips.

Assuming there was something holding her in place, she pulled her lightsaber from her belt, ready to slice away the vine. A glint of metal caught her eye as she rolled over, the pain lighting like alcohol near a flame as she shifted her foot.

She choked when she saw what was causing the pain.

There was a bear trap around her ankle. A kriffing bear trap. The sharp, rusted metal teeth were digging into her ankle, allowing rivers of scarlet red to flow down her foot and onto the jungle floor.

///

Anakin heard his Padawan hit the ground behind him. He expected her to jump up, and already had a smartass comment on his lips about her lack of balance, when he was jolted by the sudden rush of pain across their bond.