Chapter One

Rowing up to Whitebeards ship, your gaze fell onto the Phoenix.

"Marco." You said, a small smile etching itself onto your face.

His look of shock was enough to send a giggle from your lips, but you refrained for his sake.

He held a hand out to you, and you jumped up, grabbing it with ease.

He hoisted you up, his arm going under your thighs to hold you properly.

You nodded in acknowledgement, and as soon as you were up on your feet, you heard running.

You turned, seeing Ace running at you with a teary eyed look.

You gave him a smile, he stopped in his tracks, "You're not Y/n."

Marco placed a hand on your shoulder, "This is Y/n-yoi." He reassured, and looked at you for an explanation.

"I'm getting better, Ace." You smiled, "Last I knew, the doctor said I was recovering." You hummed, and walked over, squeezing his hands.

"Its not your fault. Its mine."

He frowned, "yeah...I know." He sighed, "But I don't think its your fault, you wouldn't have known, you were luffy's age at the time."

"Even so...they had no right to make me train endlessly, keep a facade, and go undercover." You whispered, "the punishments for not meeting requirements...." you shivered, fear flashing through your expression.

Ace latched onto you, and you picked him up, hugging him close.

You let him stay, and walked up to the old man himself.

"Hey, Old man." You said, and gave him a nod.

He nodded back at you, "its nice to see my daughter." He laughed, and placed a huge hand on your head, even though you were...quite large...you still had whitebeard tower over you.

I mean, standing at a whipping 12'11, you could say most were smaller than you.

But this man, oh hell no, he just saw you as like...still growing.

Everyone else were his little babies, and you the only teen, how tragic.

"Its nice to see you too." You said, and detached Ace from you.

Honestly, your mind wandered to how Marco picked you up.

You looked over at the Phoenix man, "The hell, when did you get so tough?" You asked, and crouched down to his level, glaring at him.

He just laughed, "I don't know the reason-yoi." He managed to spit out.

"Y/n." Whitebeard's voice boomed.

"Yes, Pops?" You asked, looking over at him.

He froze, hearing you call him pops instead of old man.

He began laughing, "Gurararara!"

Oh shit, is he on drugs?

The thought went away when Marco slapped you on the back of the head, just knowing that was exactly your thought process.

"You actually called me pops." He smiled, "Intriguing."

"I swear-" you inhaled and exhaled rather slowly.

"Get to the point." You said, and crossed your arms.

"Well, we've recently lost a member.." All the Whitebeard pirates looked down, clutching their fists.

"Who?"

"Thatch."

The whole world seem to shatter around you.