Chapter 11

“How long have we been walking?”, you complained. “Thirty minutes. But we’re almost to the bus stop!”, Harry tried to encourage you. “I. Can’t. Take. It. Anymore.” , you said with pauses in between words. “What should I do?”, he stopped walking and stared at you. “Oh, I have an idea!”, he added and stooped down. “What are you doing?”, you asked. “Climb up. I’ll carry you.”, he said. What a gent. “Well, if you insist!”, you said as you reached over his shoulders and mounted on his back. He crouched even lower until you almost reached the ground and you can’t help but scream. He laughed at you and ran as fast as he can, with you yelling behind him. When you reached  the bus stop, he brought you down and laughed at you again. “You were just like, five feet from the ground but you kept screaming like a little girl or something!”, he said in between laughs. You both got in a bus to Pasta Palace. “Harry, can I sleep in your shoulder?”, you asked. “Of course, baby cakes.”, he replied, pinching your cheek. You lightly rested your head in his shoulder and closed your eyes. But you can’t sleep. Harry was hugging you and your heart was beating so fast. “Such a beauty when you sleep.”, he said, running his finger on your cheek. He thinks you’re asleep already, but you aren’t. Please don’t tell me you’re falling in love with me. Please don’t tell me you’re falling in love with me. Please don’t tell me you’re falling in love with me. Good thing he didn’t, because the last thing you want your mom to have is another heartbreak.

Lunch was very nice—pasta, stories about Harry in Britain, a shoulder to cry on, an equally crazy person to laugh with. You’re home now, and watching reruns of Friends. Harry’s upstairs, taking a shower. You tried switching channels, but the remote won’t work. You decided to go your mom’s bedroom and get some batteries, forgetting that Harry is in there. You carelessly opened the door and saw something you should’ve not seen.

“OMFG YOU’RE NOT NAKED ARE YOU?!”, you shouted as you faced the other way. You think you saw Harry naked, but couldn’t really recall. You were shaking as Harry laughed. “Don’t worry, baby cakes. I have underwear on.”, he assured, tapping your shoulder. You quickly opened a drawer, got a couple of batteries, and ran downstairs. He followed you to the couch—fully clothed this time. “Hey, you’re not mad are you?”, he asked. You totally froze during that moment. “I’m not mad…I’m just…completely freaked out.”, you said, eating popcorn unnaturally. “Hey, I’m sorry”, Harry said as he shoved popcorn in his mouth. “You don’t have to be. Um…it’s my fault. I should’ve not went up straight in there.”, you said, sweating. “What are you watching?”, he changed the topic, thankfully. “Friends.”, you replied. “Really? You like Friends? Man, I watch that back in the UK!”, he said with delight. “What? I thought you would laugh at me for watching such an old show or something.”, you said.

You were watching TV until midnight, not noticing that you fell asleep on Harry’s shoulder. A few minutes later, you felt Hary’s head rest on yours. He’s probably asleep too. You then shivered since you were only wearing a hoodie and shorts, so Harry wrapped his arms around you. you felt warm and secure beside him.