Chapter 12

You woke up to a horror.

You opened your eyes at 8, just an hour before school starts. You walked to the barroom, like every normal morning, but when you looked in the mirror, you saw that Harry wrote all over your face using every possible material—markers, paint, ketchup, mayonnaise, and you think you might have also touched glue on your cheek. You hurried to the kitchen and punched Harry in the back. “What did you do to me?!”, you yelled. He turned around from the stove and looked at you, stopping himself from laughing. “What?! I didn’t do that!”, he giggled. “But we’re the only people on this house!”, you reasoned out. Harry just stood there and burst into laughter. “Stop laughing! This isn’t funny, Harold! I’m gonna be late for school because of washing away THIS!”, you said, pointing to the stains on your face. He just kept laughing and bending over, holding his tummy. “Okay, okay. I might have woke up in the middle of the night and got bored…”, he said, then chuckled again. You pulled on his curls and walked back to the bathroom.

After your tremendous effort of washing your face and taking a bath, you were at your room, fixing your stuff. Then Harry knocked. “You’re not naked in there, are you?”, he asked behind your door. “No, I’m not!”, you were annoyed at his question. He opened the door. “Just reminding that five minutes from now, it’s 9 ‘o clock.”, he said. “ The hell do you mean?!”, you suddenly stood up and faced him. “It’s 8:55. Oohh…8:56.”, he said, looking over to his watch. “WHAT?!”, you shouted. “I can’t walk to school this time!!”, you added. After silence, Harry finally spoke. “I know. Follow me.” He lead you to the garage, where a bike is parked. “Oh no…there is no way I’m riding that!”, you argued. “Why? It doesn’t eat people.”, he joked. You just stood there, quiet. “Oh, I get it! You don’t know how to ride this, don’t you?”, he teased, poking you on the rib. He walked closer to you and pinched your nose. “Don’t worry, I’ll pedal it for you.”, he said. He rode it, as well as you. He reached for your hands and placed it in his stomach. Your heart was racing. “Harreh, Harreh be careful.”, you said with worry, for yourself, not for him. He giggled and started pedaling. “Baby cakes, you sure you don’t have mustard in your face left?”, he joked. You let go of your grip to slap him, but he took a sharp turn and you almost fell. “Oh my God Harold! They’re gonna give you a ticket for that!!”, you yelled. “You should’ve not let go of me.”, he said, holding your hand and putting it back in place. It felt like that moment was in slow motion. “Here we are.”, he stopped the bike in front of USC. He disembarked, but you didn’t. “Why aren’t you getting down?”, he asked. “I don’t know how to.”, you revealed. He laughed at you. “Whaaat? You don’t know how to get off a bike?”, he snorted. “My feet can’t touch the ground!”, you said with an annoyed tone. He slid his hands on your hips and carried you up, then down. OMFG why am I feeling like this when he did that?! “Golly, I’m 25 minutes late!”, you said after getting down. “Thanks for biking until here, Haz.”, you added. “No prob, cakey.”, he said. “See you later.”, he said with an adorable smile and a little wave. He cycled back to the house as you ran to your class.

Rain started to pour. Heavy rain.