Chapter 32

You ran outside in the cold night and punched the counter in the male condominium’s lobby. “I want Brian Vance down now.”, you said firmly. The guy at the counter turned around and pushed the buttons on the phone.

Earlier that night, you asked Sophie who her boyfriend is. And to your surprise, she said a name that changed everything.

Brian Vance.

The minute, you heard it, you grabbed your coat and ran downstairs—not telling your roommate that you have the same boyfriend too.

“Um, Mr. Vance can’t come down but he said it will be okay if you come up to his room. You will be given ten minutes.”, the guy at the counter explained. “Fine.”, you said with anger in your eyes while clutching the hem of your coat. “And you may want to take the stairs, since our elevator is broken.”, he added. “Okay, sure, thanks.”, you said as you entered the staircase.

You carefully opened the door leading to the fourth floor. You heard some people talking so you decided to hide behind the door and eavesdrop on the conversation. “So how did the bet go?”, a voice said. “Pretty well. She’s my girlfriend and I think I had her fall in love with me hard.”, a familiar accent said. “Good. Welcome to the fraternity. We promise that you’ll be an alpha as soon as people know you’re one of us.”, the other said. So who’s the girl?”, he added. “A girl I met at the airport.”, the second voice said. What?! A girl he met at the airport?! You peeked from behind the door, and you got a shock.

It was Brian Vance, with the leader of University of Rochester’s secret fraternity.

You can’t help yourself but show up. “What’s the name of the girl?”, the leader asked, not seeing you behind your boyfriend. “Is it ‘Mia Bettler’?”, you asked madly. The two of them turned around. “Mia! Baby! What are you doing here?”, Brian pretended that he didn’t hear what you just said. “Was I part of a bet?”, you said, walking forward to them. “Mia, I can explain…”, he said, pausing. “I’m waiting. Actually, I’m not. I waited for you for forty-five minutes every time we meet up for dinner, or an hour for you to call me when I’m crying.”, you confronted. “C’mon, missy, back it off. He did it to join us, and he was jut planning to break up with you tomorrow morning.”, the leader echoed. “So I was just part of a bet?!”, you repeated. Brian smiled. “If I told you that you are, would you shut up? Okay, then. You’re not my girlfriend and you’re only a publicity stunt to get me into this fraternity! And I have a real girlfriend.”, he said madly, pointing at your face. “Don’t tell me…”, you said softly. “Yes, my girlfriend’s Sophie Moore. Your best friend.”, he rubbed it in your face. You ran down and left the building. You sat on the lobby of the female’s condominium, in front of Leigh. “Why are you lonely again? I have never seen you smile yet.”, she said. “My first ever boyfriend was cheating on me. I guess love’s not just my thing. I usually laugh at girls back at high school when they cry about boys. Now I understand how much it hurts.”, you said. “But you didn’t cry.”, she said. “Your eyes aren’t that red the last time I talked to you.”, she added. Kirsleign’s right. I didn’t cry. Brian cheated on me on the worst way possible but I didn’t cry. Do I love Brian just because he reminds me of Harry?

 ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Maybe, Mia, maybe. ;)

And Brian, you need to back your cuntish curls off Mia and just!!