Chapter 34

Brian is sweeter. Sophie got more and more elusive. Harry stayed hidden and had you in knots because of the mysterious text he sent you a few nights ago.

Why is my mom unbelievable?

“Come on, Mia. It’s been a week. I’ve been proving you everything. I did your homework at one point! Is it a yes?”, Brian insisted when you met up in the stairs during free period. The hall was quiet and empty. You bit your lip. “Okay, then. Yes. Brian, you’re now my boyfriend. Don’t waste this chance.”, you said. He shouted and hugged you with pure joy. He carried you and lifted you high in the air. When he brought you back to the ground, you two were both laughing your hearts out. Then when you were silent, you heard footsteps.

You went back to your dormitory with a smile. Brian’s not Harry, but I like him. And having him like me back without anyone or anything interfering is just perfection. Sophie was sitting in her bed, with a blank face. You greeted her but she rolled her eyes. “Sophie, why the rotten mood?”, you asked, pinching her cheek. She harshly put your arm down and ignored your question. I think it’s better to just go away and give her a little time. She needs to move on, and I’m going to keep my relationship with Brian a secret. You went to your desk, reviewed your notes, and wrote a draft for your thesis. You kept doing schoolwork until sundown. And Sophie didn’t even move from her position.

You looked over at the clock, 8 p.m. You kept jotting down until Sophie spoke. “I know. And I will get back at you.”, she said firmly. Your eyes widened. You decided not to respond, because it was too much trouble. After a couple minutes of complete awkwardness, you turned around and saw she was already sleeping. You packed your notebooks and decided to call it a night as well.

I know. And I will get back at you. Maybe the footsteps I heard belong to Sophie’s. She heard. And even though I knew that she was hurt so much when they broke up, I said yes.

First, my stepdad.

Then my best friend’s ex boyfriend.

Maybe mom’s right. Maybe I don’t know how much of a bitch I turned out to be.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Haii. Congratulations for reading up to this point!! Haha! When at first, this story has mushy loveydovey scenes, now it's getting tougher and has quite a number of plot twists... ALMOST 1, 500 READS OMG THANKS!! <3