Chapter 48

Harry wasn’t in your Biology class. Another professor was sitting in his chair—Mr. Fletcher. Everyone was so focused because the school year is about to end, writing down lectures and paying attention to the teacher’s explanation. You scanned the room of quiet students and saw Sophie at a dark corner of the room.

She was holding a paper bag, silently vomiting. She didn’t miss class even she’s already two months pregnant. That’s it. This is perfect.

You came up to Mr. Fletcher and told him that Sophie was vomiting. “Ms. Moore, is there a problem?”, he asked. Everyone looked in her direction. “No, no.”, she said. “Are you poisoned?”, he said. “No, I just feel dizzy.”, she excused. “Dizzy? Mr. Fletcher she’s pregnant!”, you said. “How could that be?”, he said. “Look, she’s wearing a dress so you can’t notice her tummy.”, you said with a naughty smile. “You know what, go straight to the dean’s office.”, he said.

“So why are you two here again?”, the dean asked. “Sophie Moore is pregnant.”, you revealed. “Do you have any proof?”, he said. You shuffled through the papers in your bag and saw the DNA results, the handed it to the dean. “She had a pregnancy test last week.”, you said. “The father is Mr. Styles?”, t=he looked amused. “No. She replaced Harry’s DNA with someone else’s.”, you said. “Then who is it?”, he asked. “Brain Vance.”, you said.

Minutes later, Brian walked in the office as well. “Mr. Vance, is Ms. Moore pregnant?”, he asked directly. “Yes, I heard the news.”, Brian said. “And are you the father?”, he asked. “No,  Harry is.”, he excused. “But Ms. Battler said you are.”, he said. “Mia, show him the DNA results.”, he told you. “She already did. But I want you to go to the nearest hospital and take another test. Have Mr. Fletcher join you. Come with them Ms. Bettler.”, the dean explained.

“All the DNA matched.”, the obstetrician-gynecologist said as he handed the real results to your Biology professor. “So it is true.”, he said. “I will forward this to the dean and let him decide.”

“She’s so slutty.” “Yeah, unbelievable.” “I didn’t see this coming.”, the students were murmuring again, but this time, they were talking about Sophie. People from your Biology class told everyone else, which got the whole university buzzing. “I’m sorry, Ms. Moore, Mr. Vance, but this is your last day in the University of Rochester.”, the dean said. “Oh, and Ms. Bettler, thank you for telling us.”, he added.

“Bitch.”, she whispered as you walked out. She cried, with Brian behind him. They both returned to their dormitories and packed up. Abby tapped your shoulder. “Hey!”, you said. “Everyone thinks Sophie’s a flirt.”, she said. “I know. That’s my nickname too.”, you said. “No, actually, students think you’re pretty cool. With the revenge and stuff. After she spreads bad things about you, you got her expelled. I mean, girl you have serious vengeance! Everybody says this could be the Mean Girls 3.”, she said. You laughed. Hearing what she said lightened your load. Your social life is untangled, and it’s even better than before!

I miss Harry. Your boyfriend is staying in an apartment until next September, before he can settle in the males’ dormitory. It’s March. Survive April and May, then it’s Summer. You can stay at his place. It’s going to be perfect.

You walked in on your room. Sophie’s side was empty, except for the big piece of paper that says ‘slut’ in huge letters lying in her bed. You were actually disappointed that your friendship failed, she seemed like a pretty nice girl at first.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SOPHIE'S EXPELLED.

IT'S ALMOST SUMMER.