Chapter 2

"W-Where are we going, Gauche-kun?" The stuttering Grey tried to look around the place as she saw nothing other than the endless trees and thick long grasses both left and right. And it was getting even darker than before as they both entered the forest together, not too far from where the hideout is.

Gauche didn't falter and ignored the bob cut as he continued walking without glancing anywhere other than the path that he was walking at, elbows bent outward.

"S-Say, Gauche-kun..." Grey muttered, slightly looking at the brown haired mage. "Does it still hurt?" Gauche then looked down at Grey without trying to lift his head, before averting his eyes to look at the dark night sky.

"Owen said it himself, the wounds that I obtained from earlier were healed because of your magic. It doesn't hurt anymore." The brown haired stopped from walking, it was soon that the girl realized that they were now standing right in front of the view where the strong magic region is located. The borderline between the spade kingdom and the clover kingdom.

"W-W-What are w-we doing here?!" Out of shock, the bob cut tried to run away from the sight. Yet only a few laps, and she got tripped already. "Ouch!" She squirmed. Eyes teary and red.

Gauche without a word grabbed the waist down of the maiden's body as she helped her stand from tripping down. Grey blushing a little, she immediately hid her face because of the embarrassment.

"Please... Don't look at me! It's embarrassing!" The bluette was so close to crying. Her knees hurt a little, too.

But a single pat in the head made all of her feelings wore off. "Calm down, would ya'?" It was an unsettling feeling. Every time people tried to look at her, she got embarrassed easily. She always thought of herself as an ugly human being, just like how her stepsisters sees as her. "Come on, now..." Gauche grumbled, narrowing his eyebrows.

"Why did you... bring me here?"

Gauche only stared at her, it was a hard stare, yet also warm and comforting. "I wanted to thank you for saving my life lately, even though it's late." He mumbled. "If only you hadn't acted so early, then maybe I might've been dead on the spo-"

"No!" Grey shouted so eagerly, breaking the sentence. "You don't have to thank me, Gauche-kun. Sure, I'm happy that I saved you... I was glad, though... But, that doesn't change the fact that my magic is useless." Tears fell down at the maiden's gray eyes, one that made Gauche feel frustrated at some point. "My magic didn't even help to get Yami-san back, neither help at the fight with Dante... I... I couldn't do anything..."

"Don't be stupid!" The brown haired gritted his teeth. He didn't like what he's hearing right now. "Not being able to do anything in a battle and being so useless out of lack of prosperity is a completely different thing!" Grey tried to look up to him, as if seeing a ray of light. "The fact that you saved me, doesn't that make you useful?" His words was rather dazzling, but her eyes can't help but to stare. And for the first time, Gauche was finally looking.

The way how she wanted ever since that night, when Gauche tried to save her life...

♧

NOTESorry for the short chapter, I'll try making it long next time

NOTE
Sorry for the short chapter, I'll try making it long next time.🍀