Basement

⚠︎︎Mentions suicide⚠︎︎

What the fuck do I do now? I pulled over the hood from my black hoodie over my head and stuffed my hands in my front pants pocket, where I had my house key in. I turned around and walked towards the stairs top which was the opening from both sides of the walls. As I walked with my head down, starring at the stairs, I felt all eyes looking at every step I made. I quickly glanced into dads direction, our eyes connected again, already knowing what will happen as soon as they leave the driveway.

"James shes beautiful" the woman whisper to her son whose already agreeing with her, his eyes never leaving off me.

"Amelia" my dad began, looking at the woman. "this is my... daughter, Venus." As I stood next to him his hand went behind me, touching my back- his hand traveled up to the tips of my hair, tugging it as hard as he can without making it obvious. I'm honestly so fucking close to punching this dickhead in the face, he treated me like shit for years and here we are, standing in front of a happy son with his mother, whose having a perfect relationship, something I've longed for since mom passed.

"Hi" I spoke shutting my mouth after, it was the only thing I can make out.

"Hello love, I'm Amelia and this is my son James" the lady spoke calmly. "I have to say Liam your daughter is stunning"I felt her eyes still on me.

"Thank you Ms." I quietly spoke still starring at the floor.

"Oh my," the woman took one look at her watch which was dangling from her left wrist. "it's getting late"

"And dark" James tagged along ending with a small chuckle after looking outside our window.

"We should head out, it was nice meeting you Venus," I felt her eyes glued on me as if nothing was holding her back. "till next time Liam"

"Yes...next time" he utters under his breath.

Amelia made her way out the door and out the house, James looked back at us after see his mom walked out before he shook my dads hand. Him being a gentleman he is, he turned towards me and starred until I reluctantly looked at him until we made eye contact. He reached out his hand waiting for me to shake it, I gave him a blank look but he remained the same. I finally gave in and shook his hand. I couldn't help but think how strong and muscular his hand is itself. I got caught up in the moment I didn't even realize my jaw opened slightly. But before my slow ass can shut it, James gave a chuckle at my expression as if I was so obsessed with him already. My jaw finally went back in place where it should've been in the first place, I looked back up at James and roll my eyes.

Our handshake finally ended, as we both pulled away his hand clinging onto mine not wanting to leave. His hand finally drift away from me before he turned his back on us and gave me a small smirk and winked.

Hell no.

The only thing he got back was me rolling my eyes. If he thinks that small "move" will make me catch feelings for him, he should at least get to know my expectations.

He finally made his way out of the house and into their white car. My dad stood from the house but leaning outside. I already knew what was going to happen next. I slowly walked back up the stairs to get my phone. Just in case this is serious, my eyes never left my fathers back as he waved at them pulling out of our driveway. I didn't dare to turn my back on a monster like him, my breathing quickly turned into holding it, hopefully it won't draw attention to him.

I saw James's car drive off in a bit of a hurry out through our window. My dad slammed the door and looked towards me "You" he growled while pointing his index finger at me. He walked over towards the windows to shut the curtains, this is my chance. I ran upstairs as fast I could've ever, not giving a fuck if he's chasing me.