Hotel

I sat by Mia as the security guards drove us to our hotel. Even though we came here as a vacation, Vincenzo insisted that security came with us and it wasn't up for discussion.

Mia looked out the window with tears still in her eyes. "Hey" I whisper. Mia was always the happy and cheerful friend. I feel like complete shit seeing her like this.

She turned to me and gave me a small smile before looking out again at the traffic. Our flight was very long, meaning everyone was exhausted and half way into their deep sleep.

After a while we pulled in front of this massive hotel. I assume Vincenzo would've booked us a suite because it's our vacation and it's on him, and I guessed correctly as we walked towards the elevator.

I held Mia hand throughout the entire way while Charlotte slept in Silas arms after Merikh started getting angry from her drooling on him in the car.

Jackson was like a five year old who sat on his suitcase while Merikh pushed him around. As everyone including the employees looked at us, we couldn't stop laughing at Jackson falling off and banged his head on a table.

We ended up getting confronted by an employee in a fancy suit. "Jeez" Jackson rolled his eyes.

We reached our suite and the minute I saw a bed, I threw myself on it but ended up hitting heads with Jackson's big head.

"Ow!" He frowned his eyebrows before he laugh after he saw me fall off the bed and onto the floor. "Sweet Jesus of-"

"Ok now this, this is vacation" Charlotte shouted as we saw to grown man pasted by under her arm.

We all burst out laughing after the long awkward silence when the guy was far enough the hallway. "I'm hungry, I'm gonna find a vending machine." I brushed myself off as I glare at Merikh who was smiling at me, "whose coming?!"

"I'm coming," Charlotte shouted as Mia walked towards the door.

We shut the door behind us just before we all witnessed Jackson jumping on the beds. As Mia and Charlotte decided to roam around the place, leaving me on my own, I decided to take time and admire the paintings that hanged on the wall.

Painting was never my thing, mostly because I don't have the patience for it. I liked reading, and blowing shit up. I was looking at this one painting showing a beach and a nice house on a hill, if I haven't gotten myself tangled up in this mafia bullshit, I've lived a life like this. My phone buzzed in my pocket and as much as I hated to think of it I already knew who it was. I pulled my phone out and yes I was right.

Vincenzo.

My hopes were low thinking this was gonna be an actual vacation, meaning no Vincenzo, no missions, nothing on our shoulders.

"Hello?" I came off pissed, thank God.

"Ah yes, my favorite." I roll my eyes, he wanted something.

"I got to go-"

"Wait fucking damn it! You and your friends were sent on a vacation by me. Listen, have a fun time, but once you get back, I will be waiting with important news. Have a nice week." Without letting me speak he hanged up the phone.

I felt mix emotions. For starters what was the whole purpose of that phone call but on the other I was hurt because I wasn't never really yelled at by Vincenzo.

I just want to have a fun time.

____

As I force the big piece of waffle down my throat. I felt everyone eyes on me. I look up to see Jackson whose mouth was also stuffed and glancing back at me. As we burst out of laughter, his leg hitting the table from underneath, we choked on our food.

"Seriously?" Merikh glared at me with his mouth messy with orange juice but I couldn't even respond as I was barely catching my breath.

"Whoops" I continue eating. There was a few things I wanted to do. Eat, sleep, and eat more. I figured I wouldn't have a second chance when we go back so might as well take advantage of it.

I finished up and started heading up. I felt someone follow me, my knuckles clutch my key. Usually security will follow me up but this time they didn't. It was strange but I shook it off as I made it to my room safe to see Mia on the bed.

She looked at me and sat up straight. Her eyes puffy, nose red, hair messy, poor girl.

"I have to tell you something." Her voice breaks.

I knew something big was coming.

______

Sorry loves for leaving that long!

But major trigger warning for next chapter!!!

Love you mwah!