#12 Blood

~Dustin's Pov~

"Mind explaining it again?" I asked. I was confused with this whole situation and how I hadn't found out earlier.

They had explained it five times in the ride over here, two during the night and now again.

"We tested her blood and it came up with a similar sample to yours. She is your sister" the guy had said it the short version because he was tired of saying it.

"So by similar, you mean there's a chance we aren't?" I gulp. She couldn't be my sister.

"We looked into her files as well and it said that her genetic parents are Sarah and Wayne Baker. If you didn't know, their your parents"

"I know their my par.." I stop mid sentence because I could hear yelling outside the door.

I could tell it was a girl yelling for answers and from the many times I had watched the news and heard recordings of her voice, I knew it was her.

Sophie Newman.

It goes quite for a few minutes and the guard, interrogation man and I sit quietly watching the door.

It cracks open and a man in a suit wearing sunnies walks in and Sophie follows.

Her tired eyes widen as if she knows me and then she drops her head. Her hair covers her face as if to cover her guilt. Like it was her fault we were related. But she couldn't of known, right?

They shove her forward and she falls against the concrete ground and stays there. A trail of blood trickling down her forehead.

The police man picks her up and carries her over to a chair across from me.

I watch the whole thing with wide eyes. I was in the same room as Sophie Newman. An unconscious Sophie Newman. A supposed Sophie Baker. I could share the same blood, genetics and name as her.

She was nothing like me. She was rouge and wild.

I watch the police man start tying her down to the chair with firm knots and thick ropes. This was only confirming my suspicions

She moans and moves her head slightly.

"So your telling me that she's my sister?" I say to the four men around me.

They all nod but the police man who was busying tying Sophie down.

What a day. I was sitting in a room with a jail guard, business man, interrogator, police man and the Other Sides strongest member.

I sit there quietly looking anywhere but them. I tap my foot against the chair leg not knowing what else to do. I had to get the nervous energy out of me somehow.

I catch movement and look at Sophie who's rolling her head around. She blinks then opens her blue eyes, the same as mine.

She instantly freezes and looks away. Her head hangs slightly and she bites her lip. She look intimidated and scared. I never thought I would see her like this. Another side of her, one that truly cared.

"Sorry" she whispers and looks away "I didn't mean to drag you into this"

So she knew who he was. Maybe she's known for longer.

"It's probably not your fault. I have a feeling my parents don't even know" I couldn't say our parents. Not yet.

"Yes but I wasn't talking about you when I said my brother would come. I didn't even know you, how could you come for me"

"So your saying we got the wrong guy?" The guard speaks up

She turns and gives him her normal snarky smile "You bet. It doesn't take a genius to work out my brother would be one of us"

"And your not?" The interrogation Man asks me

"No. I lived with parents my whole life" I assure them.

"How do we know you haven't worked with them?"

"I've only seen Sophie on the news and I never knew we were related" I look at her and she drops her head again. "Sophie? Did you know?"

"I haven't meet you until now" she mumbles "and I saw it on my birth certificate back at Juvi. Said I had a brother. I thought I might but I wasn't sure. I saw you when I was ten" she looks me in the eye for once and I knew it was going to be important "bet you didn't know you had a twin"

I was shocked to say the least. My eyes opened wide and I realised then that it had to be true. Sophie Newman had been reported to be seventeen when I was. She was my twin.

"I'm calling my parents now. I think I've done enough" I say and hurry from the room. The next room over had a window so I could see them yelling at Sophie and her biting back but I couldn't hear it.

Mum answered and I told her to pick me up.

"Where are you?" She asks

"Police station" I state simply.

"What!!"

"It's fine mum" I though for a second "hey, could you bring dad. There's someone I want you to meet"

I hang up and look at Sophie. She tries to stand but the ropes hold her down. She starts yelling and kicking and I watch as the police brings his taser out of his pocket waiting for her to strike.

She stops eyeing the taser which could barely be seen. I had a feeling that she'd seen it before.

I realised then that the easy chase, no attempts of escape and apologies meant something.

These people had nothing on her. They couldn't catch her, she was to smart. She was a force that couldn't be caged.

Sophie let herself get caught.