#18 Execution

"Tomorrow?" Max questions looking shocked.

I had waited for the gardeners to be brought inside. I talked to Max in the bathrooms about what had happened.

A few days had passed since then and Max and I were standing in our favourite talking hangout.

The bathrooms.

He was leaning against a toilet door in his pyjamas which weren't much at that. The weather had really heated up so I was having a hard time focussing on brushing my hair when Max's reflection was in the mirror. If I just looked to the side a little I got a view of his wife chest and tone stomach but I wouldn't let myself look.

As I've said it was unnecessary and impractical.

"Yes Max. Tomorrow" I sigh "I can't stay here much longer and you leave tonight. My family are trying to find me. I must go"

"Ok, I, um guess we could" he scratches the back of his neck "but you know tomorrow's the 17th right?"

"Uh huh" I nod running the brush through my long mousy brown hair and looking at Max in the mirror.

At his face, don't assume.

"Of June?"

"What's that meant to mean?" I ask not getting or liking where this was going. He was wasting my time. Again.

"Nothing Soph. It's nothing" I knew what he had to say was important or he wouldn't have brought it up but I had a lot on my hands and couldn't wait a second more standing here.

"I've got the supplies. You warn the members. I won't be there to see you off, I don't think so... good luck" I give him a hug and surprisingly a quick kiss on the check "don't be late" and with that I walk out of the bathrooms and into my cell down the hall.

I couldn't help a small smile sneak onto my lips.

I was finally running a proper mission. Sure I had lead other mission but most of them were solo missions like robberies.

But let it be known that Sophie Newman can't smile without being caught.

By a certain someone.

Called Ben Pierce.

"What is that on your face" he asks in disgust. I look up with a frown on my face and he smirks "that's better. More you"

I snicker under my breath "even the best down putter himself, Bennett Pierce, can't put down my mood"

"Really? What's got you so happy? Wait you haven't been with Luke lately have you?" Ben lefts his dark brown eyebrow in suspicion and folds his arms over his chest.

"Luke is like a brother to me so nothing even going to happen there. Plus he's married" I close my mouth after slipping that out. I wasn't becoming to close and easily irritated by this guy.

"Wait" he holds up his hands and tries to hide a cheeky smirk but it shines through "your telling me that your crushing on your fake brother who's already married. Sophie you stoop so low"

"Bennett!" I scream

"Wrong again" he laughs

"What is it then" I glare

"Benjamin" he wipes fake tears from his eyes. "Always a fun and snarky talk with you but I must be off. I have to get Max so we can realise him. Is he dressed?"

"In pyjama pants" I snicker

"You shouldn't check out half naked prisoners after just checking out a guard a week earlier" he smirks at this and I punch him in the arm