#1 The Other Side

Welcome to the new and improved 'The Other Side'!

Hope you enjoy the book, maybe even enough to give a cheeky vote or comment what you think. (Just remember it is my first book so don't judge)

Muchly appreciated

{Edited}

~Sophie's Pov~

Run, I gotta run

That was all that went through my head. I repeated it over and over again. No mistakes, got to do this right. Not once had I been caught but I still like to remind myself of the possible risks.

Someone is following me, chasing me through the dark, quite streets of the late night. It's a guard I know it is. They were hot on our tails just a few blocks back but I can tell now that only one of the four guards are following me. Sexist pigs sent all the guards after Max just cause he's a strong, big male and I'm a poor, defenceless girl.

That's where their wrong. And they should know it. All the missions and close get away I've had and they still go after Max thinking that if I'm this strong then he's stronger.

I've been hanging in that same spot with Max and Dylan all week waiting there with my gun at hand and now they finally come after us?

Max can take care of himself, sure, but I have trained myself to a higher ability than even he has achieved. Tonight I must use that to make sure the plan is executed properly, I mustn't be caught.

Panting and puffing from the long run, I turn a quick right. A wall rises from the fog in front of me.

Dead end

Wiping the sweat from my forehead I leap. Wind passes below me as I soar above the ground.

I love this feeling, like I am flying.

My feet hit the concrete, Hard

Reality comes flooding back.

Run, I gotta run.

I hear the feet behind me slow. Ha, I had trained myself so well that even the Juvi guards couldn't catch me. But by the looks of it they must have caught Max.

Perfect

I hide under a roof and then walk into the shadows. I look up at the sky and I can't hear or see the helicopter, I had lost the film crew.

I start running through the empty streets, watching the fancy houses and large mansions whiz past. I eventually enter the poor side of town and into our side of the land. We are a group of people living in poverty, we go by 'The Other Side'. The other half of the poor side won't join us because they'd rather live poorly than stir up trouble, they leave that to us. We fight for right, to living equally.

I was raised here, not born here. I live with a family that take care of me. If you will, they adopted me. It's not like I had a choice. If I did then I would be taking care of myself, I've always been very independent.

I slow my pace as Susan's old, wooden door comes into view.

I knock three times because that's our code to say it's us, stupid, I know. I push open the door without a reply and walk in. Susan, stands there in front of her cracked wooden desk that we probably stole from somewhere.

She is a middle aged woman with soft features. She is quiet pretty, but because she is poor people look past it and all they see is dirty scum. That's what rich city folk see in all of us. But we are stronger.

"How did you go?" Susan asks me in her barking voice. When she first came her voice was soft but years of the harsh living have turned her into a hard woman.