²⁰checkup

査照 || checkup

査照 || checkup

          ABYSSAL CHAMBER IN HER MIND WAS FULL OF VOID; it's pitch-dark as if light refused to revive itself

Emptiness swallowed her variant thoughts, not until the eerie sequence had been rudely interrupted by a prominent ringing. Quietude still prevailed, however, she's looking at her ceiling now. Turns out, it was her alarm pulling her out of her hibernation.

"Ughhhh." she deeply buried her face onto the soft pillow, groaning in protest.

Groggily turning around to reach for her phone on the bedside table, she turned it on and cracked an eye open, squinting her face as she does so because of the bright light. Albeit her sleep inertia suddenly vanished when she checked the time.

It's already six twenty-four in the evening. Her regular checkup appointment starts at seven.

"Shit." she hissed, throwing the blanket as she fully stood up.

Chifuyu had insisted to escort her in fears of seeing her in a hospital again, feeble and all. No matter how much she declined, the boy didn't change his mind.

If he's already traumatized by that, what more if he learns this isn't a follow-up for her recent overdosage? Instead, it's her regular checkup because she had already been diagnosed with a fatal heart disease a year ago.

Slumber's pleasant embrace had to be overthrown, and so the cold water from the shower awakened her skin. After that, she wore decent clothes along with her face mask, then smoothed down her [h/c] locks.

She made her way downstairs, only to pause when she passed by the living room. There sat amused businessmen, or [mother]'s sponsors for her company, sticking to her like a billow of leeches. Though that didn't faze her one bit, after all, they're also just like her mother.