²²accused

被告 || accused

被告 || accused

          COLD, VENTILATOR AIR SEEPED THROUGH HER THIN CLOTHES

          COLD, VENTILATOR AIR SEEPED THROUGH HER THIN CLOTHES. It selfishly robbed the warmth from the brewing beverages on the table.

Succulents sat on the windowsill, watching the clouds surf across the acres of blue.

Fluttering pages of paper were heeded by her, a sense of prideful success coming with it. The CEO of Wilhelmina, Japan's top Model Agency slid the magazine across the desk.

Of course, the famous [alias] and her ex-best friend, Shion, were on the cover. Its theme is "Winter Fever" and she had crystals planted on her face. Crowned of snow, Shion hid his black locks beneath a white wig.

A perfect pair, others would say. Their names are always spoken like it was only bound into one, incomplete without the other. That's the ugly side of the internet—celebrities are supposed to match society's desired expectations.

Had she not complied with professionalism and partnered up with Shion to keep the industry afloat, they would think otherwise.

Chained together, it was badly rusted by her intense hatred. Wrists were cuffed with a key whom her mother threw across the endless sea, sinking in an infinite uabyss over time.

An unbidden cough climbed up her throat, jeopardizing her for release. Although she kept it in as if rescheduling to let it out for later—just to keep formalities inside the office.

She frowned, trying her best to focus and ignore the heavyweight that pooled in her heart.

Shion didn't fail to notice her discomfort and rubbed her back. While doing so, he grabbed a glass of water and lent it to her shaking hand.

No doctor in Japan has fully cured her illness. They have yet to find a permanent answer, however, they only knew a way to decrease the effects of her illness, hence why she takes medicine on a daily.