Chapter 7

Marvolo waited for Lyra to get ready so they can go to Gringotts so that they can finalize their marriage contract. Dumbledore is going to be there too. Sirius and Lucius are also coming with them. No one knows Sirius is back and he is waiting to see how Dumbledore reacts. He can't wait.

"My lord." Lucius entered the living room.

"Take a seat Lucius." Marvolo gestured to the arm chair. Sirius entered the room at that moment and took the seat beside Lucius as he gestured.

"Is the contract ready Lucius?" Marvolo asked him.

"Yes, my lord. No stupid clauses that Dumbledore wanted to force upon you two." Lucius sneered.

"I can't believe those clauses. Who in their right mind would agree to such a contract? Not even my mother will make such one for me and she hates me so much." Sirius said shaking his head.

"He is Dumbledore for you." Marvolo said dryly.

"So, there are no clauses in this contract?" Sirius asked him.

"There is one." Lucius said and Sirius looked at him then back to Marvolo.

"Um- What is it?" He asked looking anxious.

"We are going to be equals in everything." Marvolo said to him.

"That is the clause?" Sirius frowned confusedly.

"People still think me as a madman who wants everyone at his feet. So, I want it written in the contract so that no one will ever think she is below me or is equal to them and can order her around." Marvolo said with a satisfied glint in his eyes.

"That's- that's so thoughtful of you." Sirius breathed out.

They fell into comfortable silence waiting for Lyra who came after 5 minutes. All three of them looked at her and smiled.

"Ready?" Marvolo asked standing up and she nodded. The other two followed him and they flooed directly to the goblin king's office. They heard a choking noise and looked at Dumbledore who was staring at Sirius in shock.

"Nice to meet you again Headmaster." Sirius greeted him smiling with full teeth. Lyra has to stop herself from laughing out loud by clutching Marvolo's arm tightly. He and Lucius just looked blankly at Dumbledore and took their seats.

"So no clauses? Nothing at all?" The king asked surprised.

"What? I made a contract with clauses all listed in it." Dumbledore said looking at the contract with narrowed eyes.

"The contract you made is null and void Dumbledore. You are not the girl's magical guardian. It's Lord Black, so you can't make a contract for her." The king said looking down his nose at Dumbledore.

"Sirius, my boy. The contract I made-"

"I read it and is useless. My daughter won't follow such stupid rules of yours. She will live as she wants and will have children whenever she and her husband wants and how many it's their decision not yours or mine or anyone else's to make." Sirius said sternly.

"You are making a big mistake-"

"I know what I'm doing Dumbledore." Sirius cut him off again.

"Are you sure Lord Slytherin that you don't want any clauses? Fidelity for example?" The king asked again.

"I trust her enough." Marvolo answered instantly. "But if she wants, we can add for me."

Lyra looked at him shocked that he said that. She can't believe that he just said he believes her when they barely know each other. She looked at the king when he asked her if she wants to add it for him. How can she do it to him when he is placing such trust on her? It's only fair if she shows the same trust towards him.