Chapter 12

"Where were you?" Rodolphus asked calmly but Sirius can see the anger in his eyes and looked at the other members in the room who were looking equally angry and worried too except Snape who was looking at him curiously. 

"Did I do something wrong, Rodolphus?" Sirius asked all his happy mood gone and now replaced by nervousness. He doesn't remember doing anything wrong or something which will make them angry. He bit his lip lightly furrowing his brows to think what he did to make these men so angry at him. "I don't remember doing anything that you are so angry." He said looking at Rodolphus who was glaring at him. 

"Why are you angry? And you too?" He asked the three men. He was completely different, Severus noted. He isn't the same man who threatened the Order members to stay away from his goddaughter. He is not the same dark wizard who is intimidating everyone in the room. He is not the Lord Black here.

"You are different." Severus commented making Sirius look at him in confusion and even surprise that Snape was talking to him normally without any menace in his tone and sneer on his face. 

"Different?" Sirius asked him. "I'm the same Sirius you saw this morning at Burrow."

"Exactly, my point." Rodolphus exclaimed making Sirius turn back to him again. "You were at the Burrow this morning." 

"Oh, you don't like me going there?" Sirius asked and smiled at him. "I'm fine Rodolphus. Don't worry. They can't do anything to me."

"You are only one and they are a group Sirius." Lucius rolled his eyes scoffing a little. "You can't do anything if they try to attack you." 

"But, they didn't and I'm fine." He smiled at Lucius reassuring him and Lucius did relax a little seeing him fine and smiling at him.

"The point is not that Sirius." Sirius turned his attention back to Rodolphus again and looked at him confused. 

"If that is not the point then why are you angry?" Sirius asked. "How can I know if you don't tell me Rodolphus?" 

"You left the Weasley's house almost an hour before lunch. Yes?" Rodolphus asked him.

"Yeah, I left as soon as I can after warning them to stay away from my Bambi. They have no right to talk to her or ask her anything after what they've done to her." Sirius huffed like a child. "How dare they think I would let them hurt my Bambi again and again?" 

"Can we talk about you and not your goddaughter for a moment?" Rodolphus asked and Sirius blushed slightly and you wouldn't have seen it if you weren't looking at him intently like Severus was doing. 

"Ah! I apologize." Sirius said scratching his neck. "Right, you were telling me the reason you are angry at me. I left the Burrow before lunch. You are right." 

"Then why are you back at dinner time?" Rodolphus asked narrowing his eyes lightly and Sirius looked at him for a few moments to make sure he heard him right. Why is he back at dinner time? What does he mean by that? He doesn't want him back? Did he think that Sirius will just stay with the order members?

"Um- I can go if you don't want me-" Rodolphus groaned stopping Sirius from speaking and Severus was amused. This was the same man who threatened a group of people the same morning about how he won't hesitate to kill them if they hurt his goddaughter and here he is so naive and innocent with his big puppy like eyes.

"I was asking where the fuck were you after leaving those damn Weasleys." Rodolphus shouted and Sirius heard a cough from the doorway and saw the dark lord standing there. He stopped them from standing up and entered the room. 

"Language, Rodolphus. I don't want Lyra hearing you speak like that." The dark lord reprimanded him and all the five of them looked at him wide-eyed.