Chapter 28

"I never thought she was going to let you go." Sirius said sitting on the arm chair near the fire place with Marvolo. They are currently in the DADA professor quarters, Dumbledore was quite shocked to see Sirius as an assistant professor to Tom Idreld. Tom is right hand man of Voldemort and might have to leave his classes when the dark lord needs him. Sirius is going to take in his place at those times. 

"I promised to talk to her three times a day to make sure I'm still alive." Marvolo chuckled lightly. "You would think being the dark lord makes you scary, but you should've seen her when she was warning me with her finger pointed at me. She looked so serious that I was scared, the big bad dark lord was scared of the little girl who is going to be my wife in an year."

"Wife is a synonym of scary." Sirius joked making Marvolo laugh again. 

"Oh, is that why you got two men instead of a single woman?" Marvolo asked making Sirius freeze in his seat. His mouth shut with a click and he swallowed the lump that is forming in his throat. "You know I never thought I would see a day where Severus or Rodolphus are willing to bend down to others. They never take any shit from others, not even Bellatrix, the craziest woman ever could make Rodolphus do something he didn't want to. Also, they hate sharing, one would think with Rabastan being Rodolphus' younger brother and almost his son, he would learn sharing his things with Rabastan. But, if Rodolphus claims something as his or wants something to be his, hell freezes but he won't let anyone else claim it as theirs, not even Rabastan."

"I'm not a thing." Sirius said half-heartedly.

"You are not, but the possessiveness of a man or even a woman doesn't give a shit about that." Marvolo shrugged lightly. "I would cut off any man's fingers if they touch Lyra in a wrong way." 

"I know." Sirius nodded. "I'm glad that you would do that for her."

"It's not about me and Lyra, Sirius. It's about you." Marvolo sighed. "As I was saying, they are very possessive about theirs and I've seen how they look at you. I can feel it. It's the same as to how I feel about Lyra." 

"But-" "Let me finish, Sirius." Marvolo cut him off gently. "They don't like sharing and yet they are bending down for you. They know that you can't choose one of them. It's hard for them to accept that you like both of them, but they are trying for you."

"I don't want them to feel bad because of me." Sirius murmured. "They are going to get hurt because I can't choose."

"They aren't feeling bad, Sirius." Marvolo sighed. "They just want you to be happy. Content. You've never been given the choice to be happy. First your mother, then the war, Potter's death, Azkaban, even after you escaped, you couldn't be happy as you had to hide from ministry."

"They make me happy. I like being with them. I never thought I would say this about Severus, but he is really nice to me. He makes me feel so relaxed with his smooth voice whenever he is around. Rodolphus takes care of me the way I always wanted. Severus lets me speak my opinion instead of dismissing it and even considers my point. Rodolphus makes sure I'm comfortable while doing something. All these are just small things, but no one has ever done such things for me. My parents, friends, none of them knew the real me." Sirius sighed. "James tried to make me as comfortable as possible, he fucking tried his best, but it was war and he was hiding, he has a daughter to take care of and I loved him for what he did for me. He made sure I was happy even if it was only a tiny bit. Remus was dealing with his own demons and I don't blame him for not dealing with mine as well."

"What are you trying to say?" Marvolo asked leaning forward placing his forearms on his knees. 

"I don't know." Sirius admitted. "I don't know anything on how to take a step forward. I'm afraid I'm going to mess up things rather than making them right."