Chapter 18

"You are going to sleep now?" Marvolo turned away from the door when he heard a voice and looked at Lyra who was looking at him with a raised eyebrow and crossed arms. 

"Yes, any problem?" He asked not understanding what's wrong. 

"Did you see the time?" She asked huffing at him. 

"You stopped me to ask the time." He said teasing her before casting a wandless tempus and was surprised to see that it's 3 in the morning. "Why aren't you sleeping? It's quite late-" 

"Exactly, my point." She cut him off. "It's quite late and you are sleeping now. Aren't you worried about your health at all?"

"Dearest, I-" "Don't give me excuses Marvolo. You are worried about the wizarding world and also the prejudice of people towards the dark witches and wizards, but that doesn't mean you have to be so reckless towards your own health. This is not acceptable. You have to take care of yourself." She said angrily. 

It's been almost 3 weeks that she is here at the Slytherin Manor and they are going back to Hogwarts in a week. She knew from Lucius that Marvolo will be going to Hogwarts as Thomas Idreld, the dark lord's most trusted. She didn't think much of it at first and was happy as long as Marvolo was at Hogwarts with her to protect her. Not that she can't do it herself, but she likes being protected by someone else. 

Anyways, Severus made her sit and explained how much their dark lord is working to make sure everything is going to be fine. He has to make sure that the ministry won't kill the death eaters. He has to make sure that the minister won't dare to betray him again. He has to make sure that Dumbledore truly forgets him as in Tom Marvolo Riddle. He has to make sure that everything is perfect for the upcoming year at Hogwarts as he knows how badly the previous DADA professors were and how they taught almost nothing. If it wasn't for Remus in her third year, then they can say that no one ever taught them any DADA at all. 

Lyra knew he is only bothering himself about being DADA professor was because of her. He also has to make sure that when he is at Hogwarts, he can still contact his followers without Dumbledore knowing and suspecting him of anything. He still has so much to do and yet he is coming to Hogwarts because of her, for her. She can see the dark circles under his eyes that he uses glamour to cover them. 

He only sleeps a few hours before he has to get up and start making plans about everything. Although, Lucius and other inner circle members are trying their best to help him. Marvolo doesn't like depending on anyone and likes to do work on his own. He does everything on his own. Lucius and others are quite worried about his health. Even though, he is immortal. He is still a human and can get sick. 

Marvolo laughed brining her out of her thoughts and she glared at him for laughing and not taking her serious. She pursued her lips tightly in anger and he shook his head and walked towards her and wrapped his arms around her in a hug shocking her. She stood there shocked for a while before slowly wrapping her arms around him. This is the first proper hug, he hugged her once when they were sitting and she was crying on his shoulder at that time, but that doesn't count as proper. 

"Dearest, you are the only one who can scold me or shout at me and can still be alive." He said and she realized what she did. She really scolded the dark lord. Her knees weakened at his words and if it wasn't for his arms around her and her holding him, she would've fallen down to the floor. 

"I'm just worried about your health." She still said stubbornly even if she is afraid. "You are not caring about yourself at all."

"I'm sorry." He said and her eyes widened. Did she hear him right? The dark lord of the Wizarding World just apologized to her? Is that right?