Chapter 31

"Lyra-" "Don't talk to me!" She snapped at him angrily and he looked at her shocked. Rodolphus coughed slightly to hide his amusement before leaving the room making some excuses. Lucius looked at him confused as he was about to enter the room when Rodolphus pulled him away along with him. 

"The dark lord is here to talk to his angry girlfriend." Rodolphus chuckled and Lucius raised an eyebrow silently. "I must've told the little lady about the dark lord's favoritism towards Bellatrix during the first war."

"Why would you do that?" Lucius asked him. 

"It just slipped out, I didn't realize it until later. I didn't think she would feel bad about something long ago either." Rodolphus said sheepishly. "I tried to explain it her, but she didn't listen to me at all."

"The dark lord is going to suffer, eh?" Lucius chuckled and shook his head. "I guess it's good they fight once in a while. Relations get stronger as the couple fights and gets back together. Don't you think?"

"I never had a proper one, so I don't know." Rodolphus said and Lucius rolled his eyes. 

"As if I had one." Lucius scoffed at him. 

-

"Darling, please don't be like this." Marvolo said trying to talk to her as she just turned her face away from him. If he goes to her other side, she turns back her face opposite. "Let me explain."

"I don't want to hear." Lyra scowled at him. 

"But, I'm not at fault here. You can't blame me." Marvolo said looking at her sincerely apologetic. "I never liked her. I swear."

"Then why would you let her do as she wished?" Lyra asked. 

"I don't know what Rodolphus-" "Not Rodolphus. He only said that you favored her because she was one of the best at that time. That's all." Lyra defended him. "And, don't you dare try to punish him for saying the truth." 

"I would never do such thing." Marvolo denied despite having such thoughts. "No." He shook his head when she looked at him incredulously. 

"As if." She huffed at him. 

"Alright, who told you and what did they tell you?" Marvolo asked her. "But, first thing, I don't like her, I never liked her. I didn't even sleep with her, didn't even think about such thing before."

"Really?" She asked blinking at him confused. "You never had such thoughts about her?"

"No, dearest. Never." He shook her head. "Believe me. I never had such thoughts about her."

"But-" She looked at her hands that he was holding and frowned slightly. Bellatrix is gorgeous even now after 14 years in Azkaban. She would've been downright hot back then. If Marvolo didn't have such thoughts about such a hot woman, then what does he even think about her? She is just a plain sixteen year. 

"What's wrong?" He asked holding her chin up. "What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing. Why would you favor her if you didn't like her?" She asked and he sighed. He kneeled in front of her and she didn't look surprised anymore as this isn't the first time that he is kneeling at her feet. He said she is going to be the only one to whom he will kneel. Ever. 

"Back then, there weren't any female death eaters. She was the first one and I wanted to show others that I don't look down at woman and encourage them equally, if not more. I was trying to attract other pureblood woman to join me. I wasn't in good condition either, so I'm ready to admit that I didn't think properly and just executed half baked plans." Marvolo explained to her.